[act-ma] Fw: 1/26 End the Highway to Deportation: Why #LicensesForAll Matters (Sun)

Kevin Heaton kevwsc at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 24 12:06:57 PST 2020

End the Highway to Deportation! Why #LicensesForAll Matters
Public Forum

Sunday, January 26, 3 PM

Cambridge YWCA* Fuller Room

7 Temple Street, Cambridge (Central Sq.)

Facebook Event Page<https://facebook.com/events/s/end-the-highway-to-deportation/174309490308970/?ti=cl> | Register<http://bit.ly/cos3cham33t> | Donate to Cosecha<http://bit.ly/cos3cha>

Hosted by Cosecha Massachusetts East Boston Allies Circle

Interested in supporting the immigrant rights movement but don't know where to start? Start local!

The East Boston Cosecha Allies circle is hosting an event for all immigrant rights allies who are interested in supporting the causes our immigrant leaders care about most.

Cosecha's efforts have strongly been pushing for the passing of HB3012, the bill that would grant licenses for undocumented immigrants. 70% of immigrant detentions come from state and local police arrests, and driving without a license is one of the most common charges. As long as immigrants cannot get drivers licenses, ICE has an easy way to separate families and communities.

We do not have much time. If HB3012 does not move out of committee by February 5th, we lose.

On Jan 26th, we invite you to meet with Cosecha leaders (immigrants and allies) to learn about the next steps in the #LicensesForAll campaign so we ensure a victory for our immigrant neighbors.

Support our immigrant neighbors as we continue putting pressure on Representatives at the State House to pass HB3012 and let all members of our community drive without fear!

Learn actionable steps you can take to ensure this bill moves out of committee and to a vote!

Can't make it but still want to help out? Call Rob DeLeo and demand he move HB3012 out of committee! (617) 722 2500

*YWCA is wheelchair accessible.