[act-ma] 4/25 Saturday’s World Conference

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Tue Apr 21 05:39:55 PDT 2020

Joseph Gerson writes

jgerson at afsc.org

Friends,

We’re thrilled that everything is falling into place for Saturday’s
World Conference for nuclear weapons abolition, peace, the climate,
social and economic justice. As you’ll see from the attached agenda,
we’ll have an exceptional array of speakers from Japan to Germany and
from New York to Iran and Australia!

We are near full capacity for the conference itself (841 of 1,000 slots
have been claimed.)  Registration remains open at
https://worldconference2020.org/registration/
<http://email.mg2.lglcrm.net/c/eJxdTkGOwyAMfE04RmAckh44pKr2GxF1HIJEYEVY9ftLWu1lJcse22PPrJYdbgZEsCBBSgTVEoLpVa9GM4yzedwB1SxBdSgPD330kcrRJ66iweVwIYbkl7B2w70bHvYqAEohTOPYUJuJaPdav89Ozx18tXjlElfKaePCifiS7nPxbVPYh7MWV0NOrRXF0osj7U28Mp20u-T54opqHVH-SXUxZrqB2K1GhdoxTnrYEFZ8oiZQ48QonTZ0e_v9O_rn9_3j4_YX85NQfg>

If you find yourself unable to register, don’t fret.  The conference
will be live streamed, and you can join at
https://www.youtube.com/user/rosaluxnyc
<http://email.mg2.lglcrm.net/c/eJxdjs2KxCAQhJ9Gj6K9_sSDhwzDvkZw1ZiA0cUomXn7cWfZy0LTVXzQXeVNsHyVgHcDFCjlwMbiIAkjTEmhZnm_AWczBYY4PSKQFJOrB8mh4WGXw-5pz3HZPRI3JO7mRwAY4zApNdxgOJmtte8TfcwIPsdc10Wepbf-FYgrxyD9DHVILadN_ZGfDlfjrpDcNmJbcKfbbI6BlBpxM9a50nNbpJw04M0Ib70GO2mxhmkVVigRwGqmwQ_o_Lvp39G_pu8fvz1ffGlQHQ>

The conference will also be recorded and posted at worldconference2020.org.

*As a reminder*, the conference will be held 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. EDT, and
those of you who have already registered should have received your zoom
link to the conference

In crisis there is opportunity.

Join us as we build our movements to reshape the world.

**************************************************************************************************************

*AGENDA*

*Online World Conference: Abolish Nuclear Weapons; Resist and Reverse
the Climate Crisis; For Social and Economic Justice*

* April 25, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. EDT*

* Conference Techniques*

*Welcome*

* Panel 1 - Nuclear Weapons, Struggle for Abolition & the Current Moment*

  WADA Masako - Nihon Hidankyo – Japan

  Dr. Carlos Umaña - IPPNW - Costa Rica

  Xiye Bastida - Fridays for Future – U.S.A

  Hiroshi Taka – Gensuikyo - Japan

  Joseph Gerson - AFSC/CPDCS - USA

*Panel 2 Action Steps/Priorities*

Rev. Liz Theoharis - Poor People’s Campaign - USA

Emad Kiyaei – IGD Group - Iran

Sharron Barrow - ITUC Australia

Reiner Braun - IPB - Germany

*Q & A Session* (Time permitting)

TANAKA Terumi – Hidankyo – Japan (Report: Hibakusha Signature Appeal
Campaign)

NAKAMITSU Izumi – U.N. High Representative for Disarmament

Presentation: Conference Organizers’ Statement