[act-ma] encuentro5 has moved!

Suren Moodliar suren at fairjobs.org
Thu Jul 16 07:57:55 PDT 2020

* encuentro5 has moved to 565 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116**

We are building a strong *online *presence with video-based shows,
including Shelter & Solidarity <http://shelterandsolidarity.org/>. We will
soon launch one on New England history <http://changingpast.org/> headlined
by Brian O'Connell and another Spanish-language show based on our
hemispheric roots. We have a website for the new book from our community, *A
People's Guide to Greater Boston <http://bostonbook.org/>*. Other efforts
including the Color of Water Project <http://colorofwater.org/> are being
reorganized in light of new circumstances. We are also working with the
Movements of Movements Project <http://movementsofmovements.org/>. We will
also launch our new website built by Agaric Coop shortly.

However, we are *not yet open for public activities* and meetings nor are
we hosting our monthly Peña until further notice. It is not clear to us, at
this stage and in light of the health and economic crises of COVID-19 and
depression how to operate a semi-public space in a safe and sustainable
manner.

We are *hosting regular consultations* with the e5 community via Zoom-based
video conferences. These will address both the short- and long-term goals
of the project as a whole. To participate, please join our email list via
email to info >at< encuentro5 ]dot{ org.

*Our new landlord is the Community Church of Boston!