[act-ma] 10/15 (Tonight) Trump's Walls Must Fall! - Greg Grandin & Avi Chomsky (7:00 p.m.)

Suren Moodliar suren at fairjobs.org
Thu Oct 15 06:39:13 PDT 2020

*Trump's Walls Must Fall!*
with Greg Grandin & Avi Chomsky
This Thursday evening (October 15, 2020) at 7:00 p.m. on Shelter &
Solidarity.
Join via Zoom or view live on Facebook.
[http://www.ShelterAndSolidarity.org/join]

Take a deep dive with 2020 Pulitzer Prize-winner Greg Grandin, author of *The
End of the Myth: From the Frontier to the Border Wall in the Mind of
America* (among many other books). Scholar and activist Aviva Chomsky,
(author of *Undocumented *and *”They Take Our Jobs!” and 20 Other Myths
about Immigration *joins the conversation.

   - As the 2020 Election draws near, how do we understand the nature of
   Trumpism and its relationship to what has come before?
   - How do we grasp the rise of Trump’s Border Wall and the way it is
   re-shaping US political imagination?
   - How has U.S. history from the beginning been shaped by the way that
   the edges of the country have been imagined and constructed–often through
   racism and violence?
   - How does grappling with the long and bloody American history of the
   “frontier” and the border change the way we see the present politics and
   future possibilities for the USA in the 21st century?
   - How does studying the history of the border help us to see the ways
   that US “domestic” & “foreign” policy are deeply related?
   - What will the “end” of the long-standing myth of perpetual American
   economic and geographic expansion mean for contemporary politics?
   - What can be done to refuse a future defined by rising border walls and
   to instead reimagine global human liberation in this era of crisis?

Share the Facebook event>> <https://fb.me/e/1NkfTyhF5>
https://fb.me/e/1NkfTyhF5

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5999353012