[act-ma] 11/01 “How to Get Trump Out Without Surrendering to the Parties of War & Wall Street”with Jill Stein- music by Magpie

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Thu Oct 29 07:23:41 PDT 2020

CCB Sunday-Nov. 1ST @11AM:“How to Get Trump Out WithoutSurrendering to
the Parties of War & Wall Street”with Jill Stein- music by Magpie
Here is what's happening virtually in November & December at Community
Church of Boston!

View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/a14c50065698/ccb-newsletter-sep-22-dec-1-4429910?e=3e8e4cf5c6>

*Sunday,
November 1ST, 2020
at 11:00 AM & More*

*“How to Get Trump Out Without
Surrendering to the Parties of War & Wall Street”
with Jill Stein*

In this historic moment, people are rising up like we haven’t seen for
generations. From wildcat strikes to rent boycotts, there is a growing
revolt against the rapacious oligarchy that’s brought crises in
virtually every dimension of our lives. But how can we rise up in the
halls of power as well as in the streets? And how do we get Trump out of
the White House without the deadly consequences of voting for the lesser
evil? Join us for a pre-election power up for people, planet and peace!

•*Jill Stein* was the Green Party’s presidential candidate in 2016 and
2012. She is an organizer, physician and environmental health advocate.
She was the first presidential candidate to call for a Green New Deal,
free public higher education, a student debt bailout, reparations and
demilitarization through a foreign policy based on human rights,
international law and diplomacy. Read more about Jill here.
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=77497851d1&e=3e8e4cf5c6>

*Music by Magpie*
Since 1973, Terry Leonino and Greg Artzner have brought their unique
sound and versatility to audiences everywhere, featuring traditional and
vintage Americana to stirring original compositions.

*
Please support CCB*
/Fighting for Peace and Justice since 1920/
paypal.me/CCBJustice
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=50ff0f6fab&e=3e8e4cf5c6>

*Join Jill Stein on Sunday with this new ZOOM Link:*Join the Zoom program
here.
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=08561f7703&e=3e8e4cf5c6>*Meeting
ID:*  *895 5257 5898*
*Password: 246499***

*To access by One Tap Mobile phone:* *+13126266799,,89552575898#*  US (Chicago)
*+19292056099,,89552575898#*  US (New York)

*Dial by your location:*
        *+1 312 626 6799 US*  (Chicago)
         *+1 929 205 6099 US*  (New York)
         *+1 301 715 8592 US*  (Germantown)

*CCB Sunday Programs coming in November & December at 11AM* For more
details go to our website
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=88db7ed6ba&e=3e8e4cf5c6>

*11/8 - **“A Transforming Moment: What Next?” with Mark Solomon*
The defeat of Donald Trump augurs well for a democratic transformation.
How do we, the progressive majority, seize the moment to deliver a fatal
blow to reaction and usher in a new era of progress, equality and peace?
(subject to change.) *Music by Alastair Moock*

*11/15 - “You Can’t Keep It Unless You Give It Away” with Arnie King *
Arnie King has been released from Massachusetts custody!! We present
Arnie here to tell us his story, and to celebrate his freedom, after 48
years inside prison. For over 20 years, The Community Church of Boston
has advocated on Arnie’s behalf, written numerous letters, attended
parole hearings, tried to persuade a string of recalcitrant governors
that this man was a model of rehabilitation, compassion and community
engagement, worthy of being in the community. In 2011 CCB awarded Arnie
(by phone) the Sacco/Vanzetti Award for Social Justice. And now that
Arnie is free, pending a decision on a new trial, we have a chance to
hear from him in person (well, by Zoom). Let's welcome Arnie, and join
our voices to call for a correction system that’s less about punishment,
and more about restoration, more about education, but most of all, about
JUSTICE! *Music by Reggie Harris*

*11/22 - "The role of independent media - why we need it now more than
ever" with Norman Stockwell*
In a time when the very concept of truth has become contested territory,
the role of an independent media is more critical than ever.
Community-based, non-profit, and independent media outlets abound.
Norman Stockwell, publisher of the 111-year-old magazine "The
Progressive" will look at different forms of independent journalism and
discuss ways in which readers, viewers, and listeners can become better
consumers of the news, and even participants in its creation. *Music by
David Rovics*

*11/29 - "Rebuilding Public Health from the Bottom Up as Pandemics
Surge"**with Dr. Howard Ehrman*
Since 1980 Public Health in the U.S. & most of the western world has
suffered enormous cutbacks, privatization and balkanization. The U.S.
has lost 100,000 local and state public health workers. Climate Change &
Imperialist Destruction & Extraction of Natural Resources are
accelerating the frequency and scope of Pandemics. Rebuilding Public
Health is a necessity for human survival./(photo: The
Herald-News)/*Music by **Emma's Revolution*

*12/6 - “Where is the Hope?” with Rev. June R. Cooper*
Signs of Hope-Derrick Bell a noted Harvard Professor wrote a book called
Faces at the Bottom of the Well, The Permanence of Racism (1992) in
which he states that racism is a permanent feature of American society.
Do we accept this claim or do we see hope rising for recent protest and
calls for police reform? *Music by Beatrice Greene*

*Our Purpose* Community Church of Boston is a free community united for
the study and practice of universal religion, seeking to apply ethical
ideals to individual life and the democratic and cooperative principle
to all forms of social and economic life.
*Staff* *Christle Rawlins-Jackson,* Office and Publications Manager Dean
Stevens, Interim Administrator *Luis Alonzo Guzman,* Custodian and Cook
*Xinli Xu,* Bookkeeper

*Board of Directors* Charlie Welch, President Alan Clemence, Vice
President Sandra Ruiz-Harris, Treasurer Dick Keshishian, Clerk Jim
Casteris, Ron Elbert, Ed Pazzanese, David Woodruff, Judith Woodruff

      *Thanks for Reading*

The team at the Community Church of Boston wants to extend a hearty
'thank you' to all of our wonderful readers. You make our community
shine, and we want to keep that going! If you're not a regular just yet
v <#communitychurchofboston.org>isit our web site
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=3173631564&e=3e8e4cf5c6> to
learn more about us. /Copyright © 2020 Community Church of Boston, All
rights reserved./ You're receiving this email because you provided
Community Church of Boston with your email address at a Sunday forum or
other event. *Our mailing address is:*
Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116