[act-ma] 1/10 "Singing in the New Year!" w/Dean Stevens & CommUnity Voices--Alastair Moock & Teresa Tudury

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Fri Jan 8 19:13:56 PST 2021

REMINDER: ❄ CCB Sun Jan 10 at 11AM: "Singing in the New Year!" w/Dean
Stevens & CommUnity Voices--Alastair Moock & Teresa Tudury
Here is what's happening virtually in January at Community Church of
Boston!

View this email with graphics in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/392d183766e6/ccb-programs-jill-stein-nov-1st-4458386?e=3e8e4cf5c6>

*Sunday Program:
January 10th, 2021*

*CCB Sunday Programs in January & more.*

*Wednesday, January 13th at 7 PM:*
***“Access and Disability Justice”
with Maria F. Cabrera & Charles G. Baldwin*
/Introduction by Ed Pazzanese (Families Creating Together)/
Join us for a conversation on the topic of Access and Disability Justice
of 1990 (ADA). After a history of social activism, strategic
partnerships, architectural regulations, and government  policies - what
is Access now?

*Sunday, January 17th at 11 AM:*
***“Hubert Harrison:  The Struggle for Equality, 1918-1927” with Jeffrey
B. Perry*
This is the second volume of the biography of Hubert Harrison
(1883-1927), the “Father of Harlem Radicalism. It covers his work with
the Liberty League, the International Colored Unity League, and other
organizations;  and his editing of “The Voice,” The New Negro,” Marcus
Garvey’s “Negro World,”  and “The Voice of the Negro.” Special attention
will be paid to his 1924 writings for “The Boston Chronicle.”

*Music by Tem Blessed*

*Sunday, January 24th at 11 AM:*
***“Our Bigger Than Life Former Minister:
Remembering Rev. Donald Lothrop”*
*with Dean Stevens, Rev. David Carl Olson
and Karla Lothrop Wight Williams*

For 39 years of CCB’s enormous ministry to the multitudes in the
mid-20th Century, at the helm was a remarkable leader named Donald
Lothrop. Rev. David Carl Olson (also our former minister)  and Dean
Stevens will engage in a conversation about Rev. Lothrop, fruit of
endless hours in our archives, searching the enormous record of the
correspondence, media clippings, sermons and writings of Donald Lothrop.
We will hear a recording of Lothrop’s last sermon at CCB, in 1993. We
will also be joined by Karla Lothrop Williams Wight, Donald Lothrop’s
daughter, who grew up in this church, and has an inside perspective on
CCB during those giddy and troubled days, World War II to Vietnam.

*Music by Dean Stevens & Rev. David Carl Olsen*

*Sunday, January 31st at 11 AM:*
***“Trabajo cultural para nuestra liberación
(Cultural Work For Our Liberation)”
with Dey Hernandez*

Deymirie (Dey) Hernández Vázquez is the Project Coordinator for Agitarte
Project and a member of Papel Machete and Curator/Art Director of the
book, "When We Fight, We Win!" Dey is a bicultural worker,
interdisciplinary artist, permaculturist, educator, and Board Member and
has been a part of many Agitarte projects since 2008. She received her
Master of Architecture (MArch) from the University of Puerto Rico. Dey
currently lives in Boston where she is a movement artist with Danza
Orgánica, a social justice oriented contemporary dance theater company.

*Music by The Foundation Movement*

*Virtual Film Screening & Talkback on Wednesday, January 27, at 7 p.m.

RE-EVOLUTION: THE CUBAN DREAM
with Director Cray Novick*
          Diving into the streets of Havana, we meet change-makers in
Cuba today. Speaking to thought leaders in the U.S. and Cuba, history is
made present as our characters trace their place in Cuban history to a
trail of revolution and reform.  As social and economic freedoms expand,
the search begins for reconciliation, solutions to inequality, and a
collective Cuban dream.
           From the frontlines of standing Rock, to refugee cooperatives
in Athens, Cray Novick is an award-winning documentary filmmaker telling
intimate stories that highlight our shared humanity. Cray is best known
for his work on the mini-series “Re-Evolution: The Cuban Dream.” In
2018, he founded True Spectrum Media, a film, podcast, and XR studio
based in Denver, CO.

*This link is for CCB Sunday programs: *(Special programs Zoom link &
logins will be provided shortly before the scheduled program date)**Join the Zoom program here.
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=0976ae4b49&e=3e8e4cf5c6>*Meeting
ID:*  *895 5257 5898*
*Password: 246499***

*To access by One Tap Mobile phone:* *+13126266799,,89552575898#*  US (Chicago)
*+19292056099,,89552575898#*  US (New York)

*Dial by your location:*
        *+1 312 626 6799 US*  (Chicago)
         *+1 929 205 6099 US*  (New York)
         *+1 301 715 8592 US*  (Germantown)
         *+1 346 248 7799 US*  (Houston)
         *+1 669 900 6833 US*  (San Jose)
         *+1 253 215 8782 US*  (Tacoma)

*Our Purpose* Community Church of Boston is a free community united for
the study and practice of universal religion, seeking to apply ethical
ideals to individual life and the democratic and cooperative principle
to all forms of social and economic life.
*Staff* *Christle Rawlins-Jackson,* Office and Publications Manager
*Dean Stevens*, Interim Administrator *Luis Alonzo Guzman,* Custodian
and Cook *Xinli Xu,* Bookkeeper

*Board of Directors* Charlie Welch, President Alan Clemence, Vice
President Sandra Ruiz-Harris, Treasurer Dick Keshishian, Clerk Jim
Casteris, Ron Elbert, Ed Pazzanese, David Woodruff, Judith Woodruff

      *Thanks for Reading*

The team at the Community Church of Boston wants to extend a hearty
'thank you' to all of our wonderful readers. You make our community
shine, and we want to keep that going! If you're not a regular just yet
v <#communitychurchofboston.org>isit our web site
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=f701db72a2&e=3e8e4cf5c6> to
learn more about us. /Copyright © 2021 Community Church of Boston, All
rights reserved./ You're receiving this email because you provided
Community Church of Boston with your email address at a Sunday forum or
other event. *Our mailing address is:*
Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116