[act-ma] 3/28 “Peacemaking and Jailbreaks: Liberation in Captivity" with John Bach/ Introduction & Music by Joyce Katzberg

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sat Mar 27 07:17:51 PDT 2021

REMINDER: CCB This Sunday at 11AM: “Peacemaking and Jailbreaks: Liberation
in Captivity" with John Bach/ Introduction & Music by Joyce Katzberg
Here is what's happening virtually in March at Community Church of Boston!

View the full graphical version of this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/74ef7873bb01/ccb-programs-march-28-21-11am-activist_john_bach_4753878-4758314?e=3e8e4cf5c6>

*CCB Sundays & More*
*Sunday, March 28th
at 11 AM EST*

*"Peacemaking and Jailbreaks: **Liberation
in Captivity"*
*with John Bach*
/introduction by Joyce Katzberg/

If we consider the existential threats of nuclear weapons and climate
destruction as imprisoning the human family, what tools may we develop
to resist the lunacy and give hope to each other and future generations?
How can we keep ourselves free and reasonably happy? The example of Fr.
Placid Karoly Olofsson, a survivor of 10 years in the Soviet Gulag, will
be discussed.

•*John Bach*is a longtime social justice and anti-war activist. He spent
3 years in federal prison during the American war in Vietnam. He makes
his living as a house painter and is the Quaker chaplain at Harvard.

Introduction & music by *Joyce Katzberg*

*Join us on*

*ID # & Password below*

/*Please support CCB
Fighting for Peace and Justice since 1920.
paypal.me/CCBJustice
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=afaf1611f5&e=3e8e4cf5c6>*/

*Click on the link below to join CCB ZOOM programs:*Join the Zoom program
here.
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=08dc2f4ebc&e=3e8e4cf5c6>*Meeting
ID:*  *895 5257 5898*
*Password: 246499***

*To access by One Tap Mobile phone:* *+13126266799,,89552575898#*  US (Chicago)
*+19292056099,,89552575898#*  US (New York)

*Dial by your location:*
        *+1 312 626 6799 US*  (Chicago)
         *+1 929 205 6099 US*  (New York)
         *+1 301 715 8592 US*  (Germantown)
         *+1 346 248 7799 US*  (Houston)
         *+1 669 900 6833 US*  (San Jose)
         *+1 253 215 8782 US*  (Tacoma)

*Our Purpose* Community Church of Boston is a free community united for
the study and practice of universal religion, seeking to apply ethical
ideals to individual life and the democratic and cooperative principle
to all forms of social and economic life.
*Staff* *Christle Rawlins-Jackson,* Office and Publications Manager
*Dean Stevens*, Interim Administrator *Luis Alonzo Guzman,* Custodian
and Cook *Xinli Xu,* Bookkeeper

*Board of Directors* Charlie Welch, President Alan Clemence, Vice
President Sandra Ruiz-Harris, Treasurer Dick Keshishian, Clerk Jim
Casteris, Ron Elbert, Ed Pazzanese, David Woodruff, Judith Woodruff

      *Thanks for Reading*

The team at the Community Church of Boston wants to extend a hearty
'thank you' to all of our wonderful readers. You make our community
shine, and we want to keep that going! If you're not a regular just yet
v <#communitychurchofboston.org>isit our web site
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=a02beba127&e=3e8e4cf5c6> to
learn more about us. /Copyright © 2021 Community Church of Boston, All
rights reserved./ You're receiving this email because you provided
Community Church of Boston with your email address at a Sunday forum or
other event.
*Our mailing address is:*
Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St.