[act-ma] Spring Online Speaker Training Announcement

Ellyn Ruthstrom ellyn at speakoutboston.org
Tue Mar 30 11:14:41 PDT 2021

SpeakOUT Spring Online Speaker Training

Saturday, April 17 (9am-12:30)

and Sunday, April 18 (10am-1:30pm)

Share Your #ProudStories
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/proudstories?__eep__=6&__cft__[0]=AZVoF_LvAn5_H88EPWouOia7WNGqkUpVD2-FJyeG2tW7OgGqMlCEPPR154cm-T88nFyIGmU0tNXB2f93QaO0XhOLo7iVJqkKYow3qG4kh6lud4UJLhfUDgQPB5dgQGoI3Dvg_meoHOgTYVkWvwzJlsQQ&__tn__=*NK-R>!
SpeakOUT has brought committed and enthusiastic LGBTQ+ folks together in
empowering trainings to share our personal stories and to learn how to
engage with a variety of audiences since 1972. SpeakOUT is a community of
speakers working to create a world free of homo-bi-transphobia and other
forms of prejudice by telling the truths of our lives. Everyone has a story
to tell and sharing each other’s stories is part of the power of the
SpeakOUT training experience.

The online training prepares our volunteer speakers to conduct informal,
interactive speaking engagements in middle and high schools, colleges,
workplaces, faith communities, government agencies, and other venues in the
Greater Boston area and beyond. We speak from our hearts. We speak from our
own experiences. We speak to dispel stereotypes. And we speak to let other
members of the LGBTQ+ community know they are not alone. We especially
encourage people of color, transgender and gender non-conforming people,
and those under 30 to take the training. The training is on the Zoom
platform for the two-day session and will include breakout sessions and an
interactive environment.

Cost: The cost for the two-day training is $50, with a special reduced rate
of $25 for seniors and students. Scholarships are also available. Space is
limited, so pre-registration is required. For more information or to
register, visit bit.ly/OnlineSpring2021SpeakerTraining
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FOnlineSpring2021SpeakerTraining%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1FgPK-5CfnwSZnXc3S8y7Jpz-s2gJptJXgzkVpyj94du834tV_vhXbfYs&h=AT3Fd_N5aSXb-Qgx6MF4SflE2MToU7RIi-jcyh4aCz3I6W9ekvsylMi7XHMOqkBeNgJyiEa7N77ApBi1NJJjtWjIZCI2IC3ncGH-5FocoLa4xG0JKvzN7t2bWBmusrLCeGLcq0g&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT3FTchwgmskIK33vIjlPD8cu342X1ET0_kD-PDiSmgFeBcaFPePwRbhWAsx77Ql9Xs5Mgh-emZnTJIi5z984BS0QP48Gj9KIhdDNJd_siNzSjauEdNe6MjSV6OKZAWFDfF5cniArtrzXLyZESHEglxKXYZ1_saZp39EfUpYbrwt0QOm>
or email info at SpeakOUTBoston.org.

--
Ellyn Ruthstrom (pronouns: she/her)
Executive Director

Follow SpeakOUT Boston on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/SpeakOUTFAN>
 and Twitter <https://twitter.com/SpeakOUTBoston>!

Since 1972....The nation's first gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender,
queer, questioning, intersex, asexual and ally speakers bureau.