[act-ma] 7/4/21 Anti-Imperialist Picnic

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Mon May 31 05:24:28 PDT 2021

*Sunday, July 4 from 12 Noon – 6:00 PM *

*Allston/Brighton Charles riverside (near kayak rental place)
*

*1071 Soldiers Field Rd, Allston, MA 02134-1045
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/1071+Soldiers+Field+Rd,+Allston,+MA+02134-1045?entry=gmail&source=g>*

https://www.facebook.com/events/1158985261236235
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1158985261236235>

Are you looking for something different on July 4th? Tired of the red,
white, and blues year after year? Consider gathering together for the
annual Anti-Imperialist Picnic. Instead of celebrating the founding
fathers’ slave republic, military, and imperial conquest, let’s
celebrate the resistance to imperialism, inclusion of All people, and
the resilience of working people worldwide.

Enjoy grilling and chilling with friends? Well then, the
Anti-Imperialist Picnic is for you! On July 4th at 12 Noon come on out
to the Allston/Brighton Charles riverside. It will be right next to the
canoe and kayak rental location. There are 3 parking areas along
Soldiers Field Road. We are accommodating all dietary choices with
separate grills for Vegans and non-Vegans. Feel free to bring whatever
food and drinks you’d like. Come spend the day free of patriotic
nonsense. Please bring blankets and chairs, frisbees, balls, etc.

This year there will be an Open Mic for poetry, music and planned
performances from our fellow anti-imperialist artists! Bring art as
well. Look out for our red and black banners. No Stars & Stripes please.
Please consider asking your organization to endorse and attend.

Co-sponsored by

The Boston Mayday Committee

Boston South Asian Coalition

Colombianos -New England

Massachusetts Standing Up for Racial Justice

Additional Co-sponsors welcome!

https://www.bostonmayday.org/