[act-ma] Assange rally Aug 2

Susan McLucas susanbmcl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 18:51:54 PDT 2021

Supporters of Julian Assange will rally on Monday, August 2 from 4:30 to 6
at Park Street Station on the Boston Common to call for the Biden
administration to drop the charges against him.  Telling the truth should
not be a crime.  We need to have freedom of the press as more than a slogan.
Assange is in a high-security British jail while the US appeals the UK's
January refusal to extradite him to the US to face charges for publishing
leaked classified information about US war crimes.
Activists will continue to gather signatures to our senators and letters to
AG Merrick Garland urging that the charges be dropped against Assange.
For info, contact Susan McLucas, SusanBMcl at gmail.com or 617-501-9125 or
Paula Iasella, AssangeBoston at gmail.com.

Susan McLucas
617-776-6524, cell: 617-501-9125
BicycleRidingSchool.org, StopExcision.net
14 William St, Somerville, MA 02144