[act-ma] 11/7 - Ecojustice Oratorio at NE Conservatory

gmoke gmoke at world.std.com
Mon Nov 1 17:15:40 PDT 2021

https://necmusic.edu/events/linda-j-chase-our-common-home-resounding-ecojustice

For Our Common Home, Resounding Ecojustice
Sun, November 7, 2021 | 7:30pm
NEC: Brown Hall | Directions290 Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA
United States
"Laudato Si’", an encyclical issued by Pope Francis in 2015, calls on humanity to acknowledge the urgency of the human caused environmental crisis and to work towards building a more just and sustainable world. Addressing not only people of faith, but everyone on earth, Laudato Si’ challenges us to engage in new dialogue and take action. Linda Chase’s new oratorio, For Our Common Home interprets the text as a call to action through music.

In collaboration with world renown theologian and author Harvey Cox, Boston based composer, flutist and professor, Linda J. Chase has composed a 75 minute, 18 movement genre–crossing oratorio for choir, soloists, and chamber ensemble (string octet, flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, trumpet, flugelhorn, percussion and piano). In addition to the orchestral and choral score, ten songs from the oratorio will be arranged for community singing and assembled into a songbook for piano or guitar and voices.

This performance is open to in-person audiences only.