[act-ma] 11/2 FREE ALEX SAAB! Hands Off Venezuela! Online Picket Action

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Tue Nov 2 06:49:19 PDT 2021

    FREE ALEX SAAB! Hands Off Venezuela! Online Picket Action

9th Monthly Online Picket Action
FREE ALEX SAAB NOW!
U.S./Canada: Hands Off Venezuela!
End Sanctions on Venezuela!
#HandsOffVenezuela #SancionesSonUnCrimen #SanctionsKill #FreeAlexSaab
Tuesday November 2, 2021
4pm Pacific Time / 7pm Eastern Time
Register online at: https://tinyurl.com/handsoffvzla
<https://tinyurl.com/handsoffvzla?fbclid=IwAR1EuPdchC2PnH_1INfN3HeYdD1BosFYs5mU6Hog7ZeLaCIebKj2652XovE>
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/608765863484476
<https://www.facebook.com/events/608765863484476/?__cft__[0]=AZXTm9xNJXGcNKjEy_AV6ggio6mLSB9C2rav7RiHJtqpMvA04MPZFgvUOtbCPLOukAEBWKzIe_jL0q88FDdBmQ7Z8qjfOVkm8wnHHoOCdo_OOg&__tn__=q>

 >>> Featuring Speakers:
JOHN PHILPOT, international human rights lawyer, and an expert in
international criminal defense based in Montreal, Quebec. John has just
returned from a successful delegation to the African Bar Association's
annual meeting in Niger where he represented the Campaign to Free Alex Saab.
MARGARET VILLAMIZAR, Secretary for International Relations of the
Communist Party of Canada (Marxist-Leninist) and a CPC(M-L) delegate to
the Canadian Network on Cuba. She is a journalist who writes for the
CPC(M-L) party press.
DAVID DENNY, General Secretary of the Friends of Venezuela Committee in
Barbados, who is also leading the launch of the Free Alex Saab Campaign
in the Caribbean.
ALISON BODINE, Coordinator of the Fire This Time Movement for Social
Justice Venezuela Solidarity Campaign, and author of the book
“Revolution and Counter-Revolution in Venezuela.” (Battle of Ideas
Press, 2018)
 >>> Chaired by ALAN FREEMAN, research affiliate of the University of
Manitoba’s Geopolitical Economy Research Group and member of the
Venezuela Peace Committee in Winnipeg.
+ Greetings from Solidarity Groups across Canada & Quebec

 > Organized by Venezuela Peace Committee in Winnipeg and Fire This Time
Movement for Social Justice Venezuela Solidarity Campaign, and with
support of other Venezuela solidarity organizations and individuals
across Canada.
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, the government of the United States
and their allies, including Canada have continued in their political
attacks, blockade, and brutal sanctions against Venezuela. These
sanctions make it virtually impossible for Venezuela to conduct regular
international business transactions.
On June 12, 2020, Alex Saab, Venezuelan diplomat, was arrested and held
in Cape Verde under orders from the U.S. government while en route to
Iran to negotiate shipments of fuel and humanitarian supplies for
Venezuela. On October 16, Alex Saab, was abruptly kidnapped and flown to
the U.S. without the knowledge of his family or legal team. He is now in
jail awaiting trial on trumped up charges of money laundering in Miami.
"My husband has not committed any crime. He simply tried to help
Venezuela with food and medicine during the blockade against that
country... What my husband did is help people to overcome that blockade
and hatred," said Alex Saab's wife Camilla Fabri during an interview
with teleSUR.
As people living in the United States and Canada, we have the
responsibility to stand with the people of Venezuela as they defend
their sovereignty and self-determination. We join with people and
government of Venezuela demand the immediate freedom of Alex Saab.
Free Alex Saab Now! US/Canada Hands Off Venezuela! End the Sanctions Now!
*** Everyone is encouraged to make protest signs, display banners, or
wear t-shirts in solidarity with Venezuela. These can be displayed in a
group photo at the end of the online picket!
This event will be broadcast from the traditional and unceded
territories of the Tsleil-Waututh (səl̓ilwətaɁɬ), the Musqueam
(xʷməθkʷəy̓əm), and the Squamish (Skwxwú7mesh) Coast Salish Nations.
------
¡Novena acción de piquete mensual en línea!
¡Libertad para Alex Saab ya!
EE. UU./Canadá: ¡Fuera De Venezuela!
¡Fin a las sanciones a Venezuela!
#HandsOffVenezuela
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/handsoffvenezuela?__eep__=6&__cft__[0]=AZXTm9xNJXGcNKjEy_AV6ggio6mLSB9C2rav7RiHJtqpMvA04MPZFgvUOtbCPLOukAEBWKzIe_jL0q88FDdBmQ7Z8qjfOVkm8wnHHoOCdo_OOg&__tn__=q>
#SancionesSonUnCrimen
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/sancionessonuncrimen?__eep__=6&__cft__[0]=AZXTm9xNJXGcNKjEy_AV6ggio6mLSB9C2rav7RiHJtqpMvA04MPZFgvUOtbCPLOukAEBWKzIe_jL0q88FDdBmQ7Z8qjfOVkm8wnHHoOCdo_OOg&__tn__=q>
#SanctionsKill
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/sanctionskill?__eep__=6&__cft__[0]=AZXTm9xNJXGcNKjEy_AV6ggio6mLSB9C2rav7RiHJtqpMvA04MPZFgvUOtbCPLOukAEBWKzIe_jL0q88FDdBmQ7Z8qjfOVkm8wnHHoOCdo_OOg&__tn__=q>
#FreeAlexSaab
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/freealexsaab?__eep__=6&__cft__[0]=AZXTm9xNJXGcNKjEy_AV6ggio6mLSB9C2rav7RiHJtqpMvA04MPZFgvUOtbCPLOukAEBWKzIe_jL0q88FDdBmQ7Z8qjfOVkm8wnHHoOCdo_OOg&__tn__=q>
Martes 2 de noviembre de 2021
4:00pm Hora del Pacífico (Vancouver) / 7:00pm Hora del este (Toronto)
Regístrese en línea en: https://tinyurl.com/handsoffvzla
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2Fhandsoffvzla%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1ox1u0P-ItAfjtghlm1oQdpu7cXkPYoBMRqXoRjw4QXnj0TbpCm04JHY4&h=AT1o3PcIBgoqgodZkEXhWfFagDI-K3y5BUdXWU4sX1LZgSgjdxH_nmUKP2mzPWLZ20qZGXdEmL8Cm7XFmNKrYG8pKtvtcPbhoPeOUlKqZ21zNSleyRsY_2eKMjs1cAdoCw&__tn__=q&c[0]=AT2F6Vr5XeIRbS2ANosDVan4nhCpBA4q2gZljE09c7aMtwJJJII3c2QRSGVOmX_OBRUGErWWtA-9hf5rYokqocIIlFcAizIhBF-6-peoiVsBoxFHVT6oc31UOItuVj-2wcE>
Evento en Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/608765863484476
<https://www.facebook.com/events/608765863484476/?__cft__[0]=AZXTm9xNJXGcNKjEy_AV6ggio6mLSB9C2rav7RiHJtqpMvA04MPZFgvUOtbCPLOukAEBWKzIe_jL0q88FDdBmQ7Z8qjfOVkm8wnHHoOCdo_OOg&__tn__=q>
 >>> Presentando oradores:
JOHN PHILPOT, abogado internacional de derechos humanos y experto en
defensa penal internacional con sede en Montreal, Quebec. John acaba de
regresar de una delegación exitosa a la reunión anual de la Asociación
de Abogados de África en Níger, donde representó la Campaña Free Alex Saab.
MARGARET VILLAMIZAR, Secretaria de Relaciones Internacionales del
Partido Comunista de Canadá (Marxista-Leninista) y delegada del CPC(M-L)
a la Red Canadiense sobre Cuba. Es una periodista que escribe para la
prensa del partido CPC(M-L)
DAVID DENNY, Secretario General del Comité de Amigos de Venezuela en
Barbados, quien también lidera el lanzamiento de la Campaña Free Alex
Saab en el Caribe.
ALISON BODINE - Coordinadora de la Campaña de Solidaridad con Venezuela
del Movimiento por la Justicia Social “Fire This Time” y autora de
“Revolución y Contrarrevolución en Venezuela” (Battle of Ideas Press, 2018).
 >>> Presidido por ALAN FREEMAN, investigador afiliado del Grupo de
Investigación de Economía Geopolítica de la Universidad de Manitoba y
miembro del Comité de Paz de Venezuela en Winnipeg.
+ Saludos de Grupos de Solidaridad en Canadá y Quebec
 > Organizado por Comité de Paz de Venezuela en Winnipeg y la Campaña de
Solidaridad con Venezuela del Movimiento por la Justicia Social “Fire
This Time”, y con el apoyo de otras organizaciones de solidaridad de
Venezuela e individuos en todo Canadá.
A lo largo de la pandemia de Covid-19, el gobierno de Estados Unidos y
sus aliados, incluido Canadá, han continuado con sus ataques políticos,
bloqueo y sanciones brutales contra Venezuela. Estas sanciones hacen que
sea virtualmente imposible para Venezuela realizar transacciones
comerciales internacionales regulares.
El 12 de junio de 2020, Alex Saab, diplomático venezolano, fue arrestado
y retenido en Cabo Verde bajo órdenes del gobierno de Estados Unidos
mientras se dirigía a Irán para negociar envíos de combustible y
suministros humanitarios para Venezuela. El 16 de octubre, Alex Saab fue
secuestrado abruptamente y trasladado a Estados Unidos sin el
conocimiento de su familia o equipo legal. Ahora está en la cárcel en
espera de juicio por cargos falsos de lavado de dinero en Miami.
"Mi esposo no ha cometido ningún delito. Simplemente trató de ayudar a
Venezuela con alimentos y medicinas durante el bloqueo contra ese país
... Lo que hizo mi esposo es ayudar a la gente a superar ese bloqueo y
ese odio", dijo la esposa de Alex Saab, Camilla Fabri, durante una
entrevista con teleSUR.
Como personas que viven en los Estados Unidos y Canadá, tenemos la
responsabilidad de apoyar al pueblo de Venezuela en la defensa de su
soberanía y autodeterminación. Nos unimos al pueblo y gobierno de
Venezuela para exigir la libertad inmediata de Alex Saab.
¡Libera a Alex Saab ahora! EE. UU./Canadá: ¡Fuera De Venezuela! ¡Ponga
fin a las sanciones ahora!
*** Se alienta a todos a hacer carteles de protesta, exhibir pancartas o
usar camisetas en solidaridad con Venezuela. ¡Estos se pueden mostrar en
una foto grupal al final del protesta!
Este evento será transmitido desde los territorios tradicionales de las
naciones Coast Salish - Tsleil-Waututh (səl̓ilwətaɁɬ), Musqueam
(xʷməθkʷəy̓əm) y Squamish (Skwxwú7mesh).