[act-ma] 11/ 21st @11AM: Live & in Concert at CCB "Song To A Refugee" with Diana Jones

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Thu Nov 18 03:40:20 PST 2021

----

🎵 Sun. Nov. 21st @11AM: Live & in Concert at CCB "Song To A Refugee"
with Diana Jones
View the full graphical version of  this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/dad42239a7fd/sun-nov-21st-11am-live-in-concert-at-ccb-song-to-a-refugee-with-diana-jones?e=3e8e4cf5c6>

    November 21, 2021, 11 a.m.
    Lothrop Auditorium

    Live & In Concert at CCB
    "Song To A Refugee"
    with Diana Jones

Friends,

We are enormously honored and excited to present for the first time,
this Sunday, songwriter Diana Jones. Fresh back from a tour of the
British Isles, we got lucky to be able to host Diana on a Sunday morning
in the midst of her New England tour.

I was mesmerized by her recent song, “We Believe You”, (performed with
Steve Earle, Richard Thompson and Peggy Seeger), a declaration to a
refugee mother looking for solace on our shores. It’s a part of her
remarkable new CD, “Song to a Refugee”, from which we’ll hear a number
of selections.

It is also an interesting coincidence that Diana’s appearance follows
our time with poet Louise Halfe-Sky Dancer, who joined us in October.
Canada’s 2021 Poet Laureate Louise was required to attend the horrific
residential schools for native kids, schools recently in the news
because of the numerous remains of children found on the grounds of
those places. Diana, after connecting with her birth-grandfather and
hearing his stories, takes up this theme in her songs, “Pony” and
“Pretty Girl”, about children removed from their families to go to
Indian schools.

With “Song to a Refugee”, Diana Jones continues to give voice to the
dispossessed, and bring awareness to social justice issues, taking her
place in the lineage of Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger. “I believe we all
want to get involved and give each other hope” Diana says, “how can any
of us look away?”

Diana will be with us physically, and we'll broadcast virtually. Join us
online
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=4144ec8a90&e=3e8e4cf5c6>,
by Zoom, or on our YouTube Channel
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=9c772749bd&e=3e8e4cf5c6>,
or join us in Copley Square at 11 AM ET, masked please. There will be
pupusas, a Salvadoran delicacy, served after the concert. We will do our
best to be distanced and safe in our auditorium. We are very excited to
welcome DIANA JONES to our church!

Dean Stevens

/*If you are joining us in person, please wear a mask.*
Masks will be provided, if you do not have one./

*Join us on*
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=504b74e727&e=3e8e4cf5c6>

*Meeting ID:* *895 5257 5898*
*Password: 246499***

*To access by One Tap Mobile phone:*
*+13126266799,, 89552575898#* US (Chicago)
*+19292056099,, 89552575898#* US (New York)

*Dial by your location:*
*+1 312 626 6799 US* (Chicago) *+1 929 205 6099 US* (New York)
*+1 301 715 8592 US* (Germantown) *+1 346 248 7799 US* (Houston)
*+1 669 900 6833 US* (San Jose) *+1 253 215 8782 US* (Tacoma)

/Copyright © 2021 Community Church of Boston, All rights reserved./

*Our mailing address is:*
Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116