[act-ma] Protest the terrible decision for Julian Assange

Susan McLucas susanbmcl at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 03:23:18 PST 2021

In light of the devastating decision to extradite Julian Assange to the US,
activists will gather at Fresh Pond Mall, 186 Alewife Brook Parkway,
Cambridge, near Whole Foods, Saturday Dec 18, at 3pm to raise awareness of
the threat to our First Amendment with the continued US prosecution of the
Australian journalist, and founder of WikiLeaks.

Eleven years ago, on Dec 7, 2010, Julian Assange was arrested under a
warrant issued the day after Wikileaks started publishing the Diplomatic
State Cables ‘Cablegate’ and he has not known a day of freedom since.
https://twitter.com/jaraparilla/status/1467963454606639107?s=20

Several recent articles (see below) challenge the US prosecution's
'assurances' that US prison conditions will be safe and not 'harsh' for Mr.
Assange if extradited to the US. Mr. Assange was diagnosed in 2019 by UN
torture experts as having suffered life-threatening psychological torture
for a decade.

- Jacobin article, ‘Assange Extradition to US would result in serious human
rights violations’ Gibbons cites examples of harsh prison conditions for
whistleblowers:

-Richard Medhurst’s article, on Mendoza 2009 extradition case- example of
US not upholding ‘assurances’ to allow Mendoza to serve his time in home
country Spain: Classified Documents Invalidate United States' Appeal
Against Assange — Richard Medhurst (substack.com)

-The Dissenter article, ‘Three Stories That Further Illustrate Why US Govt
Can’t be Trusted in Assange Case’:
https://thedissenter.org/three-stories-that-further-demonstrate-why-us-government-cant-be-trusted-in-assange-case/

The US, UK, and now we find out Australia (see link below) knew of the CIA
plot to kill Assange and knew of his psychological and physical decline.

The Grayzone article on Australia’s abandonment of Assange and knowledge of
CIA plot to assassinate their citizen:
https://thegrayzone.com/2021/11/17/files-australian-julian-assange-prison/

DeclassifiedUK article, uncovers another conflict of interest in UK Assange
case. The second High Court judge who should recuse himself:
https://declassifieduk.org/assange-judge-is-40-year-good-friend-of-minister-who-orchestrated-his-arrest/

More and more we see the corruption of democratic states conspiring to
silence and persecute this truthteller. We call on citizens to speak out
against the US extradition of Mr. Assange by calling your representative
and Attorney General Merrick Garland 202-353-1555.

Please join us Saturday, Dec 18th to defend press freedom!

Contact:

Paula Iasella AssangeBoston at gmail.com 603-654-6433 or

Susan McLucas, SusanBMcL at gmail.com 617-501-9125

https://www.facebook.com/events/950438528992255
Susan McLucas
617-776-6524, cell: 617-501-9125
BicycleRidingSchool.org, StopExcision.net
14 William St, Somerville, MA 02144