[act-ma] revised message about Assange rally Sunday

Susan McLucas susanbmcl at gmail.com
Wed May 25 20:57:31 PDT 2022

Supporters of Julian Assange will go to the Harvard University graduation
for the classes of 2020 and 2021 on Sunday, May 29 from 8:00AM to 10:30AM
to try to get Attorney General Merrick Garland's attention with our big
banner "Merrick Garland - Free Assange."  We will gather near Smith Campus
Center
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Richard+A.+and+Susan+F.+Smith+Campus+Center/@42.3726823,-71.1185993,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x50dabb4cefdd324f!8m2!3d42.3726823!4d-71.1185993>
at the intersection of Mass Ave and Holyoke Street (across from Clover Food
Lab) and hold signs, give out literature to attendees, and speak with a
mic.

In case we can get into Harvard Yard, we will, but we don’t expect to be
able to.  Feel free to call Susan McLucas's cell phone, 617-501-9125, if
you can't find us.

Julian Assange is the founder of WikiLeaks, and he is being held by the UK
because the US wants to extradite him to be charged under the Espionage Act
for releasing classified information about US war crimes. Even though this
is standard practice for investigative journalism, and he is not a US
citizen, the US is accusing him of espionage. He faces 175 years in prison,
if convicted.

In mid-March, the UK Supreme Court refused to hear Assange’s appeal of
their earlier decision that Assange would be extradited to the US. In
April, a UK court ordered the extradition of Assange to the US. The final
decision in the case will be made by the UK Home Secretary Priti Patel.
But, at any time, Joe Biden or Merrick Garland could drop the charges and
the case would be over.

For more info, contact Mike Miccioli, Harvard class of 2022, at
miccioli at college.harvard.edu, Susan McLucas at SusanBMcL at gmail.com or
617-501-9125 or Paula Iasella at AssangeBoston at gmail.com, the latter two
both of Boston Area Assange Defense.  This action is being organized by
concerned Harvard students and Boston Area Assange Defense.
Susan McLucas
617-776-6524, cell: 617-501-9125
BicycleRidingSchool.org, StopExcision.net
14 William St, Somerville, MA 02144