[act-ma] 7/11 Boston City Council public hearing on the Resolution on Cuba

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sun Jul 10 20:17:30 PDT 2022

See link below from live stream or viewing the hearing after the fact.

Hi all,

*Our City Council Resolution Committee has been working steadily with
Boston City Councilor Kendra Lara and her office to introduce a
resolution calling for the end of the United States embargo of Cuba and
greater cultural, scientific, and economic ties between Boston and Cuba. *

*There will be a very important City Council public hearing on the
Resolution this _coming Monday, July 11^th 10AM -1 PM_*and we’re looking
for as many people as possible to offer testimony about the effects of
the Blockade and why you support building closer ties with Cuba for
scientific, cultural, educational and/or economic exchange.   Anyone who
lives, works, or has connections to Boston can comment.  Each person
will be able to talk for 2 minutes during the open comment period to
support the resolution.

The public comment period will most likely begin around 11:15 am.  If
you are able and have some connection to Boston (most of us do!) and can
encourage others you think will be willing*, we’re trying to have as
many people as possible testify*.   In person is best, but we’re pretty
sure there will be a virtual way to testify as well.   The public
testimony will follow the Councilors speaking, followed by a panel of
experts that we’re organizing.

There also will be a press conference organized by Kendra Lara’s office
for some time the following week and we can have our own press release.
We’ll keep you posted about that as well.

Please sign up at this link and encourage others to do so! *– Sign up to
give public testimony against the US Embargo of Cuba
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdMwVKsx9MiLgcOr-uTJBYYsHvTMhvxNRtYJfLXRVT84kYGjw/viewform>*

In solidarity,

Charlie Welch

for the July 26th Coalition

The place to watch it live is **boston.gov/city-council-tv
<http://boston.gov/city-council-tv>

It may be live on Youtube but will definitely be available after the
fact  at

https://www.youtube.com/user/BostonCityCouncil