[act-ma] 9/26 & 9/28: Food Systems: Future and Present

gmoke gmoke at world.std.com
Tue Sep 20 18:52:44 PDT 2022

The Harvard Food Systems Initiative (HFSI) is proud to present:
“The Future of Food Systems” with David Nabarro, Senior Adviser to the United Nations on Food Systems Summit Dialogues
Monday, September 26, 2022, 4:30-5:30pm
“Our food systems touch every aspect of human existence,” notes the United Nation’s Secretary-General. As such, beginning in 2020, more than 148 countries began to conduct food systems dialogues – transformative conversations about the food system to change its sustainability trajectory. David Nabarro, Senior Advisory to the UN, led those conversations and shaped the United Nations Food Summit of 2021. Out of that Summit, five priority areas, or Action Tracks, were defined “to ensure food systems are fit for the future of people, planet, and prosperity as set out in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.” Hear from Dr. Nabarro about the power of dialogues, building shared goals, and taking local action to create global food systems change.
Register on Zoom at https://harvard.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Qmc3uZcWQ_qou-uIuK5dmA

“Meet the Food System” with Walter Willett, Professor of Epidemiology and Nutrition, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
Wednesday, September 28, 4:30-5:30pm
What is the “food system” and how does it define personal and societal health? Join Dr. Walter Willett for an introduction to the web of activities – production, processing, distribution, consumption and waste – that define what and how we eat, and how our relationship to the food system and our participation in it informs human health. Focusing on Dr. Willett’s unique expertise on the long-term health consequences of food choices, consider how the broader food system and your engagement in it will improve your health.
Register on Zoom at https://harvard.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_A-yqLL3VRWe07fRDSBqSsQ