[act-ma] Courses: Sustainability in the Supply Chain, Rewilding Half of the Earth, Complexity Science Concepts

gmoke gmoke at world.std.com
Fri Oct 7 21:13:56 PDT 2022

Mini-Master class on ‘Collaboration Among Sustainability, Procurement, and Supply Chain with Bob Pojasek
RSVP at https://www.vcare.international/mmc/collaboration-among-sustainability-procurement-and-supply-chain
Cost:  $25 - 85

Big times are coming along with mandatory uniform sustainability disclosures for public firms. The sustainability practitioners of the 21st century will need to face some very difficult situations (e.g., climate change, and its many related effects). The standards are the most effective way to make this happen.

The Capital markets have been waiting for a long time. We can lead the way in helping large companies conform to these standards and dramatically improve their organizational sustainability programs and start combining them with other standards that will complement the information. We will have to find ways to make this happen and to quantify the success of these new efforts to meet the needs of the stakeholders, stockholders.

My recently launched Mini-Master class on ‘Collaboration Among Sustainability, Procurement, and Supply Chain’ will help companies take advantage of the latest and greatest reporting methods and disclosures. We have been receiving overwhelming feedback around the globe that professionals are gaining competitive advantage from topics discussed.
By being part of my network, You can use the #coupon code VA-Bob-MM-2201 Mini-Master Class Details https://lnkd.in/gJXMkrsP

The mini-master class is US$85, but with my coupon code, you can get them for US$25 (70%off).

 Please send me a note on LinkedIn or drop me an email at rpojasek at sprynet.com if you have any questions or you would like additional information on this fantastic learning opportunity.

There are three other classes being rolled out on circularity, supply chain and logistics strategy, at this time along with my sustainable procurement. Take a look and let me know what you think? Feel free to share this with anyone you think could benefit from it.

———

Biodiversity 7: Rewilding Half the Earth to Create a Future We Want
Starts Wednesday, October 12 at 12pm or 7pm ET
RSVP at https://bio4climate.org/course-offerings/biodiversity-7-registration/
Cost:  $5 - $240

As I'm sure you already know, the present loss of healthy wetlands, forests, and grasslands is leading us toward another extinction episode and the current climate crisis which already deeply affect humanity.

But we can reverse these ominous trends. The Biodiversity 7 course will look at possibilities to do just that, including protecting half the earth, creating mini-forests using the Miyawaki method, and increasing wetlands.

We know a lot is at stake, and we also know the solutions are all around us. When we restore and protect nature, we often address multiple crises at once. Anyone can learn about these solutions, including you!

1. Mini – Forest Revolution: Using the Miyawaki Method to Rapidly Rewild the World by Hannah Lewis (our former Compendium editor, but lifelong partner in ecosystem restoration)
2. Eager: The Surprising, Secret Life of Beavers and Why They Matter by Ben Goldfarb
3. (Optional) Rescuing the Planet: Protecting Half the Land to Heal the Earth by Tony Hiss

While this is Jim's seventh course, he invites everyone to join regardless if you have participated in previous courses. As long as you're willing to learn, listen, and partake in class discussions, Jim and the rest of us at Bio4Climate would love to have you! We are all on a journey of expanding our knowledge on nature's climate solutions, and we each bring something valuable to the conversation.

More information at https://bio4climate.org/course-offerings/biodiversity-7-rewilding-half-the-earth-to-create-a-future-we-want/

————

New England Complex Systems Institute Virtual Session 2022
Introduction to Complexity Science Concepts and Applications
RSVP at https://new-england-complex-systems-institute.mykajabi.com/offers/bPnWPUBp/checkout
Cost:  $750.00

Gain new insights that reframe your thinking, specific tools to advance current projects, and perspectives to set new directions.

Dates: October 18 - November 18, 2022
Registration Opens: September 19, 2022

This year’s Courses in Complexity winter session will be offered in a virtual format. Participants will have access to over a dozen hours of content which they can work through at their own pace.

This course provides an introduction to essential concepts of complex systems and related mathematical methods and simulation strategies with application to physical, biological and social systems.

Concepts to be covered include: emergence, complexity, networks, self-organization, pattern formation, evolution, adaptation, fractals, chaos, cooperation, competition, attractors, interdependence, scaling, dynamic response, information and function.

Methods to be covered include: statistical methods, cellular automata, agent-based modeling, pattern recognition, system representation and informatics.

Demonstration of the application of complex systems methods will be made through studies of:
Social systems: education system, health care system, military system
Psychosocial systems: patterns of social behavior, mind, creativity
Biological systems: physiology, brain, cellular systems, genetic networks
Physical systems: meteorology

Course Outline
Titles and runtimes of the videos included in this course:
Part 1: Introduction to Complex Systems (55:19)
.Part 2: Self-Organization of Patterns of Behavior (1:20:16)
Part 3: Fractal Patterns, Scaling and Universality (1:10:08)
Part 4: Patterns: Physical, Chemical, Biological and Social (1:11:24)
Part 5: Modeling Demonstration (45:23)
 Part 6: Describing Complex Systems on Multiple Scales (1:07:16)
Part 7: Complexity in the Real World (1:13:31)
Part 8: Complexity and Organizations (50:00)
Part 9: Patterns in Brain and Mind (46:31)
Part 10: Modeling Change: Reaction, Feedback and Chaos (1:01:13)
Part 11: Randomness and Noise (56:02)
Part 12: Evolution and Biodiversity in Spatial Populations (1:31:15)

More information at NE Complex Systems Institute - https://necsi.edu