[act-ma] Better Assange rally message (Sorry)

Susan McLucas susanbmcl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 03:51:27 PST 2022

Dear friends,

I hope you haven't already distributed or put up the message I sent our
yesterday about our next Assange rally.  I had a mistake in it.  John Young
is not an ex-employee of WikiLeaks.  I am so sorry for the extra trouble.
We can use this message instead.

On Monday, December 5, from 11am to noon, supporters of Julian Assange will
hold their next rally for him at Park Street Station.  They will be
demanding that the US government drop all charges against Assange and let
him be home with his family for Christmas.

Two promising things have happened in the last few days.

On November 29, the New York Times, Le Monde, Der Spiegel, the Guardian and
El Pais, wrote a joint open letter saying that journalism is not a crime
and that the charges against Julian Assange should be immediately dropped:
https://www.nytco.com/press/an-open-letter-from-editors-and-publishers-publishing-is-not-a-crime/

On November 28, John Young, the head of Cryptome, that leaked the documents
for which Julian Assange is in prison, one day before Assange did, totally
unredacted, wrote to the Department of Justice asking that he be considered
a co-defendant with Julian Assange in his prosecution:
https://twitter.com/Consortiumnews/status/1597739771207380992?s=20&t=mEr-3h5ss8DWq2A0O3bITw

Hopefully this is the beginning of a new chapter for Julian Assange.  Come
join us and help us make that new chapter a reality.

Susan McLucas, Boston Area Assange Defense, 617-501-9125,
SusanBMcL at gmail.com and Paula Iasella, AssangeBoston at gmail.com

Susan McLucas
617-776-6524, cell: 617-501-9125
BicycleRidingSchool.org, StopExcision.net
14 William St, Somerville, MA 02144