[act-ma] Gary Hicks

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sat Dec 10 09:38:58 PST 2022

Gary Hicks who spent many years as an activist in the Boston Area has
passed away.

https://www.facebook.com/gary.hicks.5011

Among the many Facebook posts is the following

Al Sargis wrote the following today.

Gary Hicks died yesterday, Friday,
December 2nd, 2022 in Oakland, California.
Gary Hicks, a founder and contributor to Marmilist passed away on
Friday, Dec. 2. He was instrumental in both encouraging me and promoting
Marmilist and its parent organization, the Friedrich Engels Institute
for Marxist Analysis of War and the Military (FEIMAWA). An anti-Vietnam
war activist, Gary burned his draft card shortly after US troop
involvement in Vietnam. For that he did time in a Federal prison for
several years.
Gary was second-in-command in FEIMAWA--Vice Admiral in his terms--and we
held joint talks on war and military subjects. He also suggested many
articles for Marmilist.
But most of all, Gary was a steadfast friend.
In his memory Marmilist will suspend postings for December 3.
Gary Hicks! Presente!
--Al Sargis
Marmilist moderator

If anyone knows any details on a celebration of his life please let us know.

Charlie Welch
for Act-MA