[act-ma] 12/31 18th Annual First Night Against the Wars with a slight change in location

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Fri Dec 30 21:15:45 PST 2022

    18th Annual First Night Against the Wars

Boylston Street Copley Square across from 565 Boylston St. Boston
12-5 PM

Note the slight change in location! The First Night Committee is moving
the performance stage to the Old Library Entrance (Boylston and
Dartmouth St.), which was our location in previous years. As a result we
are moving to the brick plaza in Copley Square near the fountain and
directly across from Community Church of Boston and Clover Restaurant at
565 Boylston St.

Living today in a country perpetually at war, it is only fitting that
this December 31 will mark the 18th annual celebration of First Night
Against the Wars.
Every year folks seeking an end to our permanent war culture gather in
Copley Square to bring free food, banners, literature, fliers, stickers,
buttons, and the antiwar holiday spirit to many thousands of First Night
revelers who may long for peace.
Your participation would contribute greatly to that spirit. Bring what
you wish and join in the spectacle. So often the holiday festivities
fail to celebrate the resistance coming from working people and the
oppressed to the wars against women, oppressed nationalities, LGBT
folks, the climate, the poor, and other countries.
We will be setting up directly across the street from the Community
Church of Boston at 565 Boylston Street on the Park side by Trinity
Church. Please look for our signs and banners.

After the performances, at 5 PM, we will begin assembling on the steps
of the Boston Public Library for the 1st Night Parade at 6 PM.
Extinction Rebellion and the Puppet Collective are bringing giant
puppets for this year’s Air and Sea themed parade. XR Boston will be
there to focus on the role of climate change in destroying the habitats
of our bird and aquatic relatives, thus threatening human survival.
The parade leaves at 6pm and will finish by 7pm. Then starting at 7pm,
we'll celebrate with cookies and hot chocolate at the Puppet Lair in the
alley behind Emmanuel Church, 15 Newbury St. See
https://xrboston.org/.../extinction-rebellion-at-bostons.../
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fxrboston.org%2Faction%2Fextinction-rebellion-at-bostons-new-years-eave%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1_ZhRJ-CJB4EvLtGw5LOJUmtr3HvhGgwxUEOk7QMm30rUzVzGfY9S6Uh0&h=AT0CqR3me4mmiRcMvyM1CBZNjKwiJQ4_iRh40uIkQb7ELfE2PFqB981V0HHFnWswWUIfPBPnjMXU9fqbHQS4a77iqRNxvKfsSCMbkdT_w3AlP-HuQerzt-HGOKrugR93Tg&__tn__=q&c[0]=AT3IesdFHxy_2jC5pqPt6Qw-_9XqyrYfqbXYX3WhKyeugqHUu2WYu3O9jMafuk-r20cNvcu5fi0op861cGmvQ616Ou2LXZLMB10w897HJDcA0jL_E6_mEp0uu_U1TdmV4T6JJ0tBFOJKt8D3j3XLbkZ13CWfF-XMNXddoF59OfE1md5hGw1D>
for further details.
For info: 857-272-6743

Facebook Event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/806430410444394/?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22page%22%7D]%7D>