[act-ma] 1/29 Postponed: Building Youth Friendship & Solidarity Between Massachusetts & Cuba

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Tue Jan 24 18:44:42 PST 2023

Hi

I am writing on behalf of the July 26 Boston-Cuba Solidarity Coalition
to let you know that we are postponing our youth/May Day Brigade
organizing hybrid event planned for this Sunday, January 29, in
solidarity with the protests for Arif Faisal, a Cambridge resident who
was murdered by the Cambridge Police Department in early January. The
stand-out in support of Cuba planned for Sunday, January 29, is also
postponed. We plan to hold our hybrid event in February or March and
will keep you updated as our events are rescheduled.

The issue of US imperialism towards Cuba (and all countries in the
Global South) is deeply connected to the issues of racism, police
brutality, and the militarization of the police within the US. In lieu
of our planned event on Sunday, we urge members and supporters to join
the protest and vigil for Faisal in Somerville, to honor his life and
demand accountability from the CPD.

We are gathering for a rally and march for Faisal at Somerville High
School Sunday, January 29, at 1:00 PM. The vigil for Faisal will be held
at the Mystic Mural at 2:00 PM. Please share this flyer with your
friends, family, and community members.