[act-ma] Energy (and Other) Events Monthly - April 2023Energy (and Other) Events Monthly - April 2023

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sun Apr 2 05:43:08 PDT 2023

There was an issue with the original posting, so am resending this email
originally sent by gmoke at world.std.com

These kinds of events below are happening all over the world every day
and most of them, now, are webcast and archived, sometimes even with
accurate transcripts. Would be good to have a place that helped people
access them.

This is a more global version of the local listings I did for about a
decade (what I did and why I did it at
http://hubeventsnotes.blogspot.com/2013/11/what-i-do-and-why-i-do-it.html)
until September 2020 and earlier for a few years in the 1990s
(https://theworld.com/~gmoke/AList.index.html).

A more comprehensive global listing service could be developed if there
were enough people interested in doing it, if it hasn't already been done.

If anyone knows of such a global listing of open energy, climate, and
other events is available, please put me in contact.

Thanks for reading,

Solar IS Civil Defense,
George Mokray
gmoke at world.std.com

http://hubeventsnotes.blogspot.com - notes on lectures and books
http://solarray.blogspot.com - renewable energy and efficiency - zero
net energy links list
http://cityag.blogspot.com - city agriculture links list
http://geometrylinks.blogspot.com - geometry links list
http://hubevents.blogspot.com - Energy (and Other) Events
http://www.dailykos.com/user/gmoke/history - articles, ideas, and screeds

???
???

Monday, April 3

The Future We Want: What have we learned since Rio+20?
Monday, April 3
9am EDT [3:00 PM in Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna]
Online
RSVP at
https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_RI6C8etSRlOWrWJ2_t2X_g?timezone_id=Europe%2FBerlin

In this tenth year since the Rio+20 ?Future We Want? was adopted, this
webinar will explore ways the 2012 outcome laid the foundations and
still advances the objectives the SDG Summit will seek to reinforce.

Social cost of carbon: What it is, why it matters, and why the Biden
administration seeks to raise it
Monday, April 3
11:00 AM EDT - 12:30 PM EDT
Brookings Institution, 1775 Massachusetts Avenue N.W., Falk auditorium,
Washington, DC
and Online
RSVP at
https://www.brookings.edu/events/social-cost-of-carbon-what-it-is-why-it-matters-and-why-the-biden-administration-seeks-to-raise-it/

A pragmatists' guide to machine learning for Earth observation imagery
Monday, April 3
11:15am to 12:15pm
Harvard, SEC LL2.224, 150 Western Avenue, Allston, MA
More information at
https://crcs.seas.harvard.edu/event/valerie-pasquarella-harvard-forest-and-google

Energy Policy Seminar: H?l?ne Benveniste on "Climate Mobilities:
Empirical Evidence & International Policy Responses"
Monday, April 3
12:00pm - 1:15pm
Rubenstein Building - David T. Ellwood Democracy Lab, Room 414AB
RSVP at https://harvard.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Ywq0WyQ5TRuFYvX1nx9IjQ

Innovations in Long-Term Care Convening
Monday, April 3
12:30pm to 8:00pm
MIT, Samberg Conference Center, 6th Floor, 50 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA
RSVP at
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc8L8249ue4RwmQjckfrVhyBEdsbMmXYY7vOVRlSIvvYtaQUw/viewform

Beginning to End the Climate Crisis: A Discussion with Climate Activists
Monday, April 3
3:00PM - 4:00PM EDT
Kleinman Energy Forum, Fisher Fine Arts Library, 220 S 34th Street,
Philadelphia, PA
and Online
RSVP at
https://kleinmanenergy.upenn.edu/events/beginning-to-end-the-climate-crisis-a-discussion-with-climate-activists/

Ever Green: Saving Big Forests to Save the Planet
Monday, April 3
6:00 PM ET
Online
RSVP at https://www.harvard.com/event/virtual_event_john_reid/
Free:  $5 suggested donation

Pre-Release Screening & Discussion: NUCLEAR NOW!
Monday, April 3
6:30 ? 9 p.m.
Harvard, Science Center Lecture Hall C, 1 Oxford Street, Cambridge
RSVP at https://environment.harvard.edu/event/nuclear-now

Tuesday, April 4

Nature-Positive Solutions for Climate Resilience
Tuesday April 4
9:00am EDT [1:00 p.m. GMT]
Online
RSVP at https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_MXGBcOukTmyFrP6rpFBmVw

Methane vs. CO2 in climate policy: The problem with global warming
potentials
Tuesday, April 4
10:00am to 11:00am EDT
MIT, Building 54-915, 21 Ames Street, Cambridge, MA
Stream at https://mit.zoom.us/j/94965503582#success