[act-ma] 4/05 May Day 2023 - Planning Meeting

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Tue Apr 4 21:39:28 PDT 2023

May Day 2023 - Planning Meeting
Wednesday, April 5 at 7:00 PM
Please join the Zoom meeting:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85907977991?pwd=YnBPbFFwcStueEJtcEFUVnN6ais0UT09
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85907977991?pwd=YnBPbFFwcStueEJtcEFUVnN6ais0UT09>

On May 1, 2023 folks will be mobilizing in Downtown Boston. Let’s join
together in celebrating May Day 2023, International Workers Day, a
worldwide holiday. On May Day we have an opportunity to celebrate many
examples of resistance to the employers offensive and government attacks
on our rights and interests. Many thousands around the country have
joined unions including at Starbucks here in Boston. Mobilizations
against police murder and brutality have occurred. Recently, we saw
hundreds of supporters of trans rights stand up and mobilize in Boston
against the ultra-rightist campaign by state governments to demonize and
criminalize trans folks simply for exercising their constitutional
rights. Folks are taking to the streets for climate justice.
However, we have a long way to go to achieve liberation from the wars,
exploitation, and oppression we face. Over the past year, we have seen a
federal government assault on rail workers imposing unsafe working
conditions in a contract with no paid sick leave, forcing workers to
work during illness. The US Supreme Court and State governments are
demolishing reproductive rights. The war economy is rapidly expanding at
the expense of our human needs. Environmental devastation continues with
ever increasing instances of extreme weather. We will be increasingly
asked to make sacrifices while the wealthy increase their profits.
All are invited to a planning meeting where we can discuss the downtown
Boston mobilization.

Facebook Event Announcement
<https://www.facebook.com/events/233161725866999/?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22page%22%7D]%7D>