[act-ma] 9/19 Cuba Trip Jan. 2024 – Info Session

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sat Sep 16 08:33:50 PDT 2023

Cuba Trip 2024 – Info Session
<https://masspeaceaction.org/event/cuba-trip-2024-info-session/>
Tue September 19 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT

Join Massachusetts Peace Action in Cuba, January 6 to  14, 2024 for a
unique experience.
Based on an exploratory trip that 10 members of MAPA made in 2022, MAPA
has designed a trip that will look at the challenges and achievements of
the Cuban Revolution and Cuban social project in light of the struggles
that we ourselves as activists go through.

We will learn from the Cuban experience, and we will share our own
experiences.  We also will learn directly the effects of the harsh
measures that the United States government uses to punish the Cuban
people for choosing their own path — and return as we did last year with
determination and tools to convince the US public and our government
that Cuba is our Friend Not our Enemy and deserves to follow its own
path to its future.
We can learn from Cuba.  And we can share with Cuba.  Join us.
We will hold an online info session Tuesday, Sept 19, 7pm EDT, to
discuss the plan for the trip and answer your questions.

Cost is estimated at $2025 double occupancy (add $200 for single
occupancy), based on the number of participants, plus airfare
(approximately $450) and tips, gratuities and additional personal
expenses.  There will be guidance in fundraising available to help with
participation in the trip.

First Deadline:  October 10 with $50 deposit non refundable except if he
trip does not go ahead
Second Deadline: November 1 with $200 non refundable deposit.
Final Payment: December 6.  Travel insurance is highly recommended.  Ask
us for recommendations.
As soon as we know there are enough people for the trip to go ahead, we
will provide terms and conditions including cancellation penalties.
To review the preliminary program for the trip, visit this link:
https://bit.ly/47BDxjY

Click here to sign up for the trip.  After you sign up, be sure to make
your $50 deposit.
Details