[Act-ma_discuss] For Immediate Release: Holtec Statement on Recent Questions About Pilgrim Nuclear Station's Processed Water Plans

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Tue Dec 7 16:41:14 PST 2021

from Diane Turco:

From: cape-downwinders at googlegroups.com [mailto:cape-downwinders at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Diane Turco
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2021 3:03 PM

Hi All,

Updated info that Holtec is holding off on a decision until the end of 2022 is below. We still don’t trust them! We are organizing groups from environmental to realtors to shellfish businesses to call for an environmentally safe plan to manage the million gallons of radioactive water. Even though not mandated, there must be state and stakeholder approval that does not include dumping into Cape Cod Bay. We are encouraging everyone to come to our Jan. 24 speakout at 5:30 at Plymouth Town Hall and then attend the Nuclear Decommissioning Citizens Advisory Panel meeting there at 6:30. Holtec reps are on the panel so you directly speak to them. We have asked Sen. Markey and Rep. Keating to attend and also our Cape legislators. Let’s stand together to protect Cape Cod Bay.

Don’t stop being alarmed! Diane