[act-ma] Fwd: Play on Race and Whiteness and who gets to write history

Salma salmamilia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 10:33:38 PST 2014

Hello,

I want to bring your attention to an excellent play, *We Are Proud to
Present *… by African American director Summer Williams and African
American playwright Jackie Sibblies
Drury<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/17/theater/jackie-sibblies-drurys-collaborative-plays.html?ref=theater&_r=1&>,
probably one of the best I have seen so far dealing with colonialism,
slavery and white supremacy.

It's a cutting edge play, i.e not a typical sit and relax lights out type
of production. I really encourage you to see it if you can, *it closes Feb.
1*

Here are some reviews:
http://companyone.org/Season15/We_Are_Proud/press_reviews.shtml

Talk back with director:
http://www.companyone.org/Season15/We_Are_Proud/dramaturgy.shtml

Most importantly, if you become a member of Company One Theater for $12/
month, your tickets are free. All their productions this year are written
by women of color. I really like their mission and never saw a play I
didn't like there. If you like theatre, this is an excellent deal.

Contact Summer L. Williams swilliams at companyone.org for group discounts and
for how to become a member. I am one!

Here is how you can get tickets in general:
https://artsemerson.org/Online/default.asp?BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::permalink=weareproudtopresent

Ticekt fees are high online, so I suggest you go to the box office to buy
your tickets in person.

It's half price on sale today (Wednesday ) here:
http://www.bostix.org/page/onsale_today
(so I would check above link day of).

Most days at 10am ArtsEmerson releases a limited number of $10 tickets for
that night's performance.  This doesn't happen every day, but if you want
to check, use code $10 at 10, if they don't have tickets available that day
the code won't work.

Sometimes you can find discounts here:
http://www.theatermania.com/boston-theater/shows/we-are-proud-to-present-a-presentation_300568/
or: