[act-ma] 2/10 Trans Pacific Partnership - Secrets Revealed (Sierra Club)

Phillip Sego, Mass Sierra Club phil at sierraclubmass.org
Wed Jan 29 12:44:58 PST 2014

Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, 6:30-8pm
Somerville Public Library (Main)
79 Highland Avenue, Somerville

Sponsored by the Sierra Club and State Rep. Denise Provost

The TPP has been represented as a trade deal to harmonize tariffs and
promote trade among the countries involved, however, this deal includes
many other details that are being hidden from the American public. The
agreement has been described as a "stealthy delivery mechanism for policies
that could not survive public scrutiny."

Why is this agreement with such purported benefits, being hidden from
Americans while on a fast-track to be passed by Congress? Join us as we
uncover what they're hiding, by reviewing reports and leaks, and addressing
the impacts on the environment, local economy and workers. We will also
discuss how we can work together to help stop the TPP Agreement.

On bus routes 90 (Central Sq-Wellington) and 88 (Davis-Lechmere), and 80
(Arlington-Lechmere).There is free parking.

Click here for details and to RSVP.
http://action.sierraclub.org/site/Calendar?view=Detail&id=170941

For more information: phil at sierraclubmass.org