[act-ma] 2/26: White Screen/White Noise: Racism On the Internet

Kelly deWolfe dewolfe.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 08:18:45 PST 2014

Please join us for a Brown Bag Lunch Discussion:

*WHITE SCREEN/WHITE NOISE: Racism on the Internet*
With the Yvonne Pappenheim Library on Racism

*February 26th at 12:00pmCommunity Change, Inc. 14 Beacon St. Room 605,
Boston*

When you consider the issue of racism online you likely think of
individuals leaving ignorant, hurtful comments in discussion forums or on
news stories that begin with *"**I'm not racist, but....**" *However, much
like we experience racism on personal, interpersonal, cultural and
institutional levels in our day-to-day lives we also experience racism on
all those same levels in our online (inter-)actions. This February,  join
us for a lunch discussion on the Yvonne Pappenheim Library on Racism's work
on racism on the internet.

*A $5 donation is suggested.*

*Please RSVP to kelly at communitychangeinc.org <kelly at communitychangeinc.org>
or at (617)523-0555.*
The event will also be streamed live at: http://ustre.am/JDvY

*Community Change is a short distance from Park St. T Station. Building is
wheelchair accessible. *

--

Kelly deWolfe