[act-ma] [UJP Activist] At The Intersection of Injustice and Transformation: Where Do We Go From Here?

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Tue Feb 25 07:15:03 PST 2014

UJP Activist: At The Intersection of Injustice and Transformation: Where Do
We Go From Here? P,LI, BODY, DIV.event-when,DIV.event-where {font-family:
Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 14px;} H1, H2, H3, H4 {text-align:
center;} H3 {font-size: 15px;} H2 {font-size: 16px;} H1 {font-size: 17px;}
IMG.bord {border: 2px solid black;} IMG.nb {border-width: 0;} LI {font-size:
13px;} .rtecenter {text-align: center;} .rteindent1 {margin-left: 10pt; }
======== AT THE INTERSECTION OF INJUSTICE AND TRANSFORMATION: WHERE DO WE GO
         FROM HERE? ==========================================================

*When:* Monday, March 3, 2014, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm *Where: *First Church in
Cambridge, Hastings Room • 11 Garden St • Harvard T • Cambridge
*/13th Annual Walk for a New Spring/*

Beginning February 21, the monks and nuns of the New England Peace Pagoda
will lead their annual “Walk for a New Spring”, from Leverett,
Massachusetts to Washington, DC.  The walk is 47 days long and will end on
April 8th.  Join us for a discussion to welcome them to Cambridge.

*Brian Corr *- Executive Director, Cambridge Peace Commission

*Chuck Turner* - Former Boston City Councilor

*Cathy Hoffman* (invited) - Former Director of Cambridge Peace Commission

Themes include:

 * Diplomacy not war
 * An economy that uplifts ALL
 * Renewable energy
 * Jobs not jails
 * Commit to ending racism
 * Immigration reform
 * Move resources from military to people’s needs
 * Respect for the earth

 From the harsh frozenness of mid-winter to the warm burst of spring, we walk
for the understanding that our life-and-death challenges affecting our
beautiful, common home, the earth, affect us all.  We walk to bring to the
elected representatives in Washington, DC the collective aspirations and
desire for positive change from the communities we have shared with on our
pilgrimage.  We walk for a more peaceful future.

**

*Join us Monday, March 3, First Church in Cambridge*

*Potluck 6 pm – Program 7pm*

*11 Garden St.** Cambridge, MA 02138*

Contact

Walk for a New Spring - walk4newspring at gmail.com [1] - (413) 485-8469

Massachusetts Peace Action – www.masspeaceaction.org [2] –
617-354-2169

United for Justice with Peace [3] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[4]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [5]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [6] Upcoming Events:  At The
Intersection of Injustice and Transformation: Where Do We Go From Here? [7]
Mon Mar 3 6:00pm First Church in Cambridge, Hastings Room Cambridge Grand Tax
Day Mobilization: Organizing Meeting [8] Sat Mar 8 2:00pm Location TBA Boston
Wounds of Waziristan: documentary screening [9] Sat Mar 8 2:00pm MIT
Cambridge “Injustice Anywhere…”: A Conversation on Palestinian and
African American Solidarity [10] Sun Mar 9 4:00pm First Baptist Church
Jamaica Plain St. Patrick’s Peace Parade [11] Sun Mar 16 1:00pm South
Boston One Nation—Under Surveillance [12] Sat Mar 29 10:00am Central
Connecticut State University New Britain, CT Jobs, Cutbacks, War, Taxes:
Hearing and Forum [13] Sat Apr 12 2:00pm tbd Pivoting for Peace in
Asia/Pacific [14] Sat Apr 19 9:30am Cambridge Friends Meeting Cambridge
/More Peace and Justice Events [15].    How to Submit Events [16]/

[1] mailto:walk4newspring at gmail.com
[2] http://www.masspeaceaction.org/
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate