[act-ma] Pro-Palestinian Student Group Suspended at Northeastern, and More at Open Media Boston (week of 3/14/14)

OMB info at openmediaboston.org
Mon Mar 17 13:36:58 PDT 2014

OMB Logo <http://www.openmediaboston.org>

3/14/14

Hi folks! This week's latest Open Media Boston articles follow.

Lovers of art and foes of injustice are also encouraged to check out
this campaign by OMB's Jason Pramas in support of an upcoming critical
art show in Boston: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/fi3qe/ab/6183T0

News: St. Patrick's Peace Parade Grows in Support as Veterans for Peace,
LGBT Groups Remain Excluded from Main Event
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/st-patrick%E2%80%99s-peace-parade-grows-support-veterans-peace-lgbt-groups-remain-excluded-2881

News: Magoun Square is Changing
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/magoun-square-changing-2876

News: IWW Union Claims Violation of NLRB Settlement as Insomnia Worker
Suspended
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/iww-union-claims-violation-nlrb-settlement-insomnia-worker-suspended-2872

News: Pro-Palestinian Student Group Suspended by Northeastern University
Administration
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/pro-palestinian-student-group-suspended-northeastern-university-administration-2870

News: Edge of the Precipice: Mother and Daughter Look For Help Following
Eviction
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/edge-precipice-mother-and-daughter-look-help-following-eviction-2869

News: Former Temp Worker Allegedly Not Paid 1,500 Hours of Overtime
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/former-temp-worker-allegedly-not-paid-1500-hours-overtime-2866

Editorial: Youth Employment Crisis Requires Stronger Responses Than
Brookings Report Proposes
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/youth-employment-crisis-requires-stronger-responses-brookings-report-proposes-2873

Radical Boston: No Middle Road on Venezuela: Recommendations for the
U.S. Left
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/no-middle-road-venezuela-recommendations-us-left-2867

Arts: Public Art Being Privatized?
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/public-art-being-privatized-2875

Living: LibrePlanet Free Software Conference Coming to Cambridge, March
22-23
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/libreplanet-free-software-conference-coming-cambridge-march-22-23-2878

Living: SpinachCon Wants You: To Help Make Free Software Better
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/spinachcon-wants-you-help-make-free-software-better-2877

If you'd like to follow OMB's latest stories via Twitter, click the
following link: http://twitter.com/openmediaboston

If you'd like to join our Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/openmediaboston/.

If you'd like to join our Google+ page:
http://www.google.com/+OpenmediabostonOrg

If you'd like to follow our (occasional) Tumblr blog:
http://openmediaboston.tumblr.com/.

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new
articles as they appear):
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OpenMediaBoston-ProgressiveNewsViewsAndArtsFromThehubOfTheUniverse

Enjoy,

Jason Pramas