[act-ma] Urgent: Correa: Anyone has a ticket to see him speak at Harvard?

Sofia Jarrin sofiajt at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 6 10:13:17 PDT 2014

My dear friends!

Hi from Ecuador (long time no see, some of you!). I am writing urgently to see if anyone has a ticket to go see Correa speak at the Kennedy School of Government next Wednesday... I have a huge favor to ask...

Please let me know or if you know of someone who does.

I´m currently involved in Ecuador in a campaign to save Yasuní National Park (what´s left of it, more than 50% has oil rigs already). We need urgently someone who would be willing to ask Correa if he is going to support a National Referendum so that ecuadorians can decide whether they want more oil drilling in the park or not... It´s our last chance to save this amazing place (one of the most biodiverse in the planet) and protect non-contacted indigenous people who are being literally corralled by oil companies... We were required to collect 600 thousand signatures to get the referendum going, but we are afraid that still they are going to say no.

You can see here what is already being exploited (Bloques 15, 14, 18, and 31) and Correa´s government wants to go into Bloque ITT (which, by the way, has heavy crude oil, even more damaging to the environment). The brown ovals is where the non-contacted people were last reported to be seen, but remember they are nomads.

http://www.amazoniaporlavida.org/es/img/noticias/MAPA-piav.jpg

Check it out, even Naomi Klein knows what we are talking about (jeje):
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=703793852977455&set=a.601442986545876.1073741828.601440219879486&type=1&theater

This is not a right-wing, anti-Correa campaign. It is an environmental campaign... See more info at: www.yasunidos.org.

peace,
sofia