[act-ma] Fwd: [Healthjustice-Announcements] Fwd: 5/22: Invitation to Single-Payer Birddogging Training

Aria Littlhous aria at littlhous.net
Fri May 16 09:54:25 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Katrina Ciraldo <kciraldo at bu.edu>
Date: Fri, May 16, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Subject: [Healthjustice-Announcements] Fwd: 5/22: Invitation to
Single-Payer Birddogging Training
To: healthjustice <healthjustice at lists.occupyboston.org>

Hello old health justice friends!!!

I'm writing to invite you to join us as we embark on making single-payer
one of the top issues of the current Massachusetts gubernatorial campaign
season!

*"How?" you might ask* -- We plan to attend campaign events between now and
the primary election in September and the general election in November to
ask each candidate - Republican and Democrats - to commit to implementing a
single payer system in Massachusetts if they are elected. We call this
*birddogging*. Several
<http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/democratic_gubernatorial_candi_9.html>candidates
already support
single-payer<http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/democratic_gubernatorial_candi_9.html>
.

*Why this strategy?* Showing up at these events lets the candidates know
that people in MA support single-payer. Plus, while they are seeking votes
and trying to get elected, they are more likely to make policy commitments
than when they are comfortably settled into their State House office.
Students used this strategy during the 2008 presidential campaign to secure
$50 billion in federal funding for global health and AIDS funding. It's as
simple as showing up, asking your question, and taking a picture with the
candidate-- as long as we repeat until our goal is reached!

*Is there more to it?* There is a little more to it -- so we are inviting
you to get trained and to meet other students and single-payer advocates on
Thursday, May 22nd, at Harvard Medical School. We will also provide an
introduction to what a single-payer system could do for MA, as well as
background on the gubernatorial candidates. If you cannot attend the
training, but are interested in future birddogging opportunities, please
fill out the form below and we will keep you updated about the campaign.

*What: Birddogging training and more on single-payer and the current
candidates for Governor*

*Where: Harvard Medical School, TMEC 109, 260 Longwood Ave*

*When: 6:30pm on Thursday, May 22nd*

*RSVP: Use the form below please!*

*Questions? Email Katrina (kciraldo at bu.edu <kciraldo at bu.edu>) or Danielle
(danielle_back at hms.harvard.edu <danielle_back at hms.harvard.edu>)*
Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
HMS American Medical Students Association
BUSM Physicians for a National Health Program

If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it out
here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10rjvSN350jiLwN83WzONs7m5hBvFt7-eCdmuYQ-m4y8/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link>
.

Massachusetts Single-Payer Birddogging Training
Where: Harvard Medical School, 260 Longwood Ave, TMEC 109
When: Thursday, May 22nd, 6:30pm

   Name
    School + Year (if applicable)
    Organization (if applicable)
    Phone number
    Email address
    Are you planning to attend the birddogging training?
    Yes. I plan to attend. Please add me to the email list for ongoing
   birddogging events. No. I cannot attend but I want to join the listserv
   so I can hear about opportunities to birddog. No. I cannot attend, but
   please don't add me to the list. I plan to hear about it from friends.
    Never submit passwords through Google Forms.

Powered by [image: Google Drive] <http://drive.google.com/?usp=form_footer>
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Report Abuse<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10rjvSN350jiLwN83WzONs7m5hBvFt7-eCdmuYQ-m4y8/reportabuse?source=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10rjvSN350jiLwN83WzONs7m5hBvFt7-eCdmuYQ-m4y8/viewform?sid%3D1e46169520c6775b%26c%3D0%26w%3D1%26token%3DHtBFAkYBAAA.JxeUkWQZ-j31TcW94DEihQ.stDfdSO2Z9sUfLeMX9HkQA>
 - Terms of Service <http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS> - Additional
Terms<http://www.google.com/google-d-s/terms.html>

Post: Healthjustice at lists.occupyboston.org

To Unsubscribe
        Send email to:  Healthjustice-unsubscribe at lists.occupyboston.org
        Or visit:
https://lists.mayfirst.org/mailman/options/healthjustice/aria%40littlhous.net

You are subscribed as: aria at littlhous.net

--
"Our goal is a society that prioritizes the needs of all before the profits
of the few." passed by Occupy Boston General Assembly 11/29/11