[act-ma] Friday 7/25, youth organizers event for the next Digital Media Conference, 5 p.m.

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Wed Jul 23 14:38:20 PDT 2014

Digital Media Town Hall for Boston Youth and Youth Organizers

Youth organizers and activist youth are invited to help map out the next
Digital Media Conference. Folks working on existing Boston area youth
organizing projects that are already making good use of available
technology or need tech assistance will be automatically included in the
conference. We'll be using digital walls as well as collage and print
images to inspire ideas for topics, sessions and workshops. Food will be
served.

Veteran organizers Mel King, Chuck Turner and John Marshall will be
attending.

This Friday (7/25) from 5-7 p.m.

Tent City community room
130 Dartmouth St
Copley Square
map: http://goo.gl/tQjw3v

Read on for more details ...

Come Brainstorm with Us Using A Digital Wall & Print Collage!!!
This year we have dedicated the conference to inter-generational
learning and cooperation. We're connecting with youth to discuss digital
media, technology, social justice and the roads between the older and
younger generations.

Join us on Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #DigiMediaCon as we use
social media to build a wall of thoughts, ideas, concerns, and solutions
to the questions of the digital age!

Tell us:
How do you use media to make a difference in your life and the lives of
those around you? #DigiMediaCon
How do you use media to build a social justice campaign? #DigiMediaCon
How does video sway an audience and build a movement? #DigiMediaCon
How is media changing your world and how are you changing media?
#DigiMediaCon
How would you use media/technology to change the world? #DigiMediaCon

After helping us build the digital media wall, come brainstorm in person
about our upcoming conference! Next Friday, July 25th we're holding an
open Town Hall for youth and youth organizers of Boston to map out the
next Digital Media Conference. We'll be using digital walls as well as
collage and print images to inspire ideas for topics, sessions and
workshops. Food will be served.

Please email sarah at bostoncamp.org with any questions!

The Digital Media Conference will be hosting our next conference Express
Yourself: Building Grassroots Democracy in the Digital Age.

Over 200 progressive media makers, activists and technology experts are
expected to attend this year's inter-generational media and tech
conference, featuring noted speakers and "game changers" in the youth
community, who will address media trends affecting the progressive
movement and provide insights into youth needs and interests. The
line-up includes themed workshops, plenaries, screenings, discussions
and meetings.

This year's Track Themes:
What Young People Teach Us About Technology
Tech's Wonderland for Women
Tools to Protect Our Privacy
Corporate Power, the National Security State and Academic
Research/Freedom of Expression
The Need for a Public Communications Infrastructure
The conference strives to be an inclusive, international and annual
gathering and is an idea exchange, training and development forum for
progressive organizers, activists, media and tech professionals.

WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
Learn skills, resources and trends from the organizing youth community,
our digital natives;
Network with dynamic people making a difference in organizations and
technology around the world;
Explore world issues arising from technology advancement in group
discussions and panels;
Discover many social media resources for organizing and actions;
Peak your curiosity about technology and youth in your local area;

The Sponsor Opportunities
The Digital Media Conference is a key progressive forum for discussion
among organizers, activists, educators, bloggers, producers,
broadcasters, creators and professionals from the digital media
industry, non-profit community and tech scene. It’s a unique opportunity
for members from these various fields to forge and strengthen ties in an
environment conducive to the sharing of ideas and knowledge. The
commingling of talent and skills within the progressive community goes
the distance towards improving the quality of campaigns, actions and
political outcomes, thus enhancing their value on national and
international fronts.