[act-ma] 9/30 Capitalist Democracy & its Prospects by Noam Chomsky

Gillian Mason Gillian at massjwj.net
Fri Sep 12 11:51:44 PDT 2014

"Capitalist Democracy and its Prospects"
A Lecture by Noam Chomsky
Tuesday, September 30, 6PM
At the 1199SEIUUnion Hall
150 Mt Vernon St, 2nd Floor, Dorchester, MA 02125
All proceeds to benefit Massachusetts Jobs with Justice
http://bit.ly/chomskylecture

We all know that the movement for working-class power currently faces some of the greatest obstacles in its history. The entrenched corporate interests that have long dominated our workplaces have expanded their sphere of influence to encompass our communities and our entire political system. In the wake of Citizens United, ordinary people have fewer and fewer chances to make real change through the democratic process. As we have seen, when working people's voices are silenced in American politics, the result is the perpetuation and deepening of inequality.

Massachusetts Jobs with Justice has long been at the center of the significant conversations that shape our movement, and the conversation about the encroaching role of corporate power in our democracy is no exception.  This fall, we invite you to participate in fostering this dialogue by supporting an important event featuring one of the leading global experts on political theory.

This lecture will provide a forum to engage workers, community allies, students, and people of faith in one of the most critical discussions of the contemporary moment. The event also offers an ideal opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to workers' rights by contributing to advance the ongoing work of our coalition. We hope you will attend and join us as a sponsor.

Please see the attached form for more information about ticket prices and levels of sponsorship - every donation helps to ensure that we can continue to educate, agitate, and organize toward greater democracy in our workplaces, our communities, and our nation.

Thank you for your support!

To purchase tickets online, go to http://bit.ly/chomskylecture

For more information, call Gillian Mason at (617) 470-7409 or email Gillian at massjwj.net.

In Solidarity,

Gillian Mason
Organizer
Coordinator of Development and Education
Massachusetts Jobs with Justice
3353 Washington St.
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
office: 617-524-8778
cell: 617-470-7409

The Massachusetts Campaign for a Debt-Free Future<http://www.massjwj.net/news/its-time-end-student-debt> is building a world without student debt - Sign up for our email list<http://afl.salsalabs.com/o/4023/c/195/p/salsa/web/common/public/signup?signup_page_KEY=7419> & "like" us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/debtfreefuturema> today!