[act-ma] People's History of the New Boston Event Wednesday 9/17 at 7pm

Tracy Bindel info at jamaicaplainforum.org
Mon Sep 15 08:30:32 PDT 2014

"Vrabel has resurrected the voices of so many everyday (and yet
extraordinarily fierce!) neighborhood folks who have stood up to the powers
that be and grabbed the reins of leadership on all issues that directly
impacted their lives. In this book, history is not only prelude to present,
it is inspiration to all of us that we can indeed change our future." —
Michael Patrick MacDonald, author of *All Souls: A Family Story from
Southie*

Dear Friends and Neighbors,

Join us next *Wednesday, Sept 17th at First Church JP, 6 Eliot St*, as we
welcome local historian Jim Vrabel as he recounts a people's history of our
great city. Jim will share from his new book and we will hear from some of
the longtime community activists that Jim interviewed for his book,
including *Ron Hafer of Jamaica **Plain*, *Shirley Kressel of the Back Bay,
and Dan Richardson of Roxbury*.

Tracy Bindel on behalf of the JP Forum