[act-ma] 10/7 Linux Class @ SETC

Steve Revilak steve at srevilak.net
Sun Oct 5 18:12:16 PDT 2014

Have you heard about Linux?  Linux is a computer operating system
that's developed by hundreds of groups from all around the world, and
it's a viable alternative to corporate-controlled systems like
Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X.

Linux is "free software".  That's "free as in freedom"; you can
install free software on as many computers as you want, use it for any
purpose you want, and give copies away to your friends.  Free software
is as much a social movement as it is a technology movement.

We give Linux classes on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month from
6:30 - 8:00 pm, at the South End Technology Center [1], 359 Columbus
Ave, Boston, MA, about a block away from the Back Bay T station.

On Tuesday, October 7th, we'll take care of loose ends from our last
batch of Linux installations.

If you have a computer that you'd like to try Linux on, but couldn't
make the last meeting, bring it by on Tuesday night.  (Please let me
know if you're planning to bring a machine, so I can make sure we have
enough installation media available.)

And if you just want to hang out and watch, that's cool too.

Hope to see you Tuesday night.

Steve

[1] http://www.tech-center-enlightentcity.tv/contactus.html

LocalWords:  SETC th