[act-ma] Thursday 10/16: "American Empire - an Act of Collective Madness" - Free UPandOUT film screening

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Wed Oct 15 16:01:23 PDT 2014

*<http://rule19.org/download-film/film-141016-American%20Empire.pdf>American
Empire
**an act of Collective Madness
watch the trailer! <http://www.americanempirethedocumentary.com/>
*

Showing Thursday, October 16, in Cambridge
[please download & distribute flyer
<http://rule19.org/download-film/film-141016-American%20Empire.pdf>]

This is the story of how the American Empire affects us and the world.
We're the victims and the enablers.

*American Empire* is an indictment on the country that has supposedly
nurtured us, but is slowly destroying us. Beginning with the founding of
the Federal Reserve our economy is controlled by a system of debt and
inflation. It has become an economic empire that is destroying our
planet and all its natural resources driven by a relentless need to
amass money and power.

/"the first film to connect the dots"/

/"a revolution in film/" ~ Huffington Post

"/Our founding fathers broke away from an empire to found a Republic,
but today we are once again under an empire's rule, the American Empire.
And the goal of an empire is to exploit the world. Empires by their
nature are never free and can not coexist with a Republic/." ~ American
Empire, Patrea Patrick

"/We in the United States don't realize that our corporations have
created this very subtle, very clandestine empire. It's been done in
secret - and that's very dangerous, because democracy is based on the
premise that you have an informed electorate, and if the electorate
doesn't understand the most basic premise of our foreign policy --which
is taking resources and markets from around the world --we can't vote
intelligently, which means we can not be a true democracy./" ... /"No
rational person assumes that we can continue on this course./"  ~John
Perkins, author, former _Economic Hit Man_

"/This system is really not working; it's really in many ways killing
the planet./"
~ Maude Barlow, author _Blue Gold_

"/Americans don't want to think that we're an empire; we don't want to
think that we are exerting military power and imposing it on the world.
As a nation, our policies exist to impose our will, and very often
financially gain from, the resources and the labor of other peoples./" ~
John Robbins, Earth Save [son of Baskin and Robbins founder]

"/Why do we give them that power? Wall Street, WTO, the World Bank and
the industrial military complex rule. 'We the people' are silenced./" ~
John Robbins

"/The most controversial movie of the year...and quite possibly the
decade. A gripping provocative analysis of the current state of the
U.S., ... [it] clearly and concisely presents unpalatable facts/."
~Screen Daily

"/People should get angry; it's OK to be angry. Where is the moral
outrage? It's our generation that needs to say 'No More/' "
~Bob McIlvain, former history teacher from Oreland, PA; one of the most
outspoken 9/11 family members.
[Bob's son, Robert McIlvaine, Jr. (Princeton University '97) was
Assistant Vice-President of Media Relations for Merrill Lynch & Co. and
died at the World Trade Center's North Tower on September 11, 2001. It
is apparent his son was killed by an explosion, likely in the lobby. Bob
is one of the family members who attended every 9/11 Commission hearing
as well as numerous 9/11 Truth conferences around the world. He has
appeared in several TV, radio and newspaper interviews, as well as the
documentary 9/11: Press For Truth, and commercial TV spots on behalf of
BuildingWhat.org <http://BuildingWhat.org>, calling attention to the
mysterious collapse of building 7, NOT hit by an airplane. [I SO admire
this guy - and anyone like him, who has the decency to show his outrage.
Listen to him speak at the University of Hartford
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGdt3KCIlCE>; he deserves at least that
- from all of us.]

/"The opposite of rich is not poor; it's free. ... we need to expand our
notions of family and community toward revolutionary solidarity that
crosses lines of difference. The American empire wants to keep us tied
exclusively to the nuclear family./ ... /"We live in a country in which
words are used mostly to lull us to sleep, not to wake us up. The air is
so heavy with rhetoric, so filled with soothing lies, that it feels to
others as if I were doing a great violence when I seek to disrupt the
comforting murmur. ... I am distressed about the overwhelming torpor and
bewilderment of so many Americans. ... Our puzzlement and disappointment
about the state of our country reveals something that we do not want to
know about ourselves: namely, that we are afflicted with both the
world's highest standard of living and the world's emptiest way of
life. //... I believe it's possible for all of us to practice
truth-telling, which is a form of revolutionary suicide in a culture
that increasingly targets and punishes truth-tellers." /~ Lynice
Pinkard, former pastor, current board member Share First Oakland.
<http://sharefirst.org>  Listen to her inspirational talk on Empire,
Race and Revolutionary Suicide
<https://soundcloud.com/niki-shelley/studying-race>.

"/This country, a huge geographical entity, has been an empire more or
less from the word go. ..."This is the first time in recorded history
that it has ever happened, that there is only one country, one
empire./"  ~Tariq Ali

*When/where*
doors open 6:40; film starts promptly 7pm
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos>

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
*free film & free door prizes
****[donations are encouraged]
*feel free to bring your own snacks and soft drinks - no alcohol allowed

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education/." ~
Malcolm X

*UPandOUT film series* - see rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos>

Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, Libya. Syria, Iran, So America, etc
etc - for billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous US prisons, for
the loss of liberty and civil rights...