[act-ma] Intersectionality and Social Change Work Event next Thursday 11/6, 7pm!

Tracy Bindel info at jamaicaplainforum.org
Fri Oct 31 12:04:01 PDT 2014

*Our Whole Lives Matter: An Intersectional Approach to Social Change Work
with local changemakers*

[image: Screen shot 2014-10-29 at 2.44.29 PM.png]

*Thursday, November 6th, 7-8:30pm *

*First Church JP, 6 Eliot St (map)
<http://act.ips-dc.org/site/R?i=wSNnahgVbtB1YV6f2RMAQQ>RSVP and Invite Your
Friends on Facebook
<http://act.ips-dc.org/site/R?i=ziisIOadByKtKvXRMli4Pw> *

Join the Jamaica Plain Forum and friends in hosting an intergenerational
and interracial panel exploring an intersectional approach to amplifying
social impact work.  *What happens when identity politics fall by the
wayside and we bring our whole selves, as convoluted as they may be, to our
work?    *
Come hear panelists' stories on how they have navigated various parts of
their identities--as fathers, as children, as activists, as black, as
women--in their work for social justice and equity.

*Meck Groot*, Justice Ministries Lead, New England Region Unitarian
Universalist Association, will facilitate the panel.
Panelist include: *Shay Stewart-Bouley*, the Executive Director of
Community Change Inc. *Carolyn Chou*, Program Director at the Asian
American Resource Workshop and JP resident, *Shea Justice*, Teacher and
Artist behind the Boston Strong? Exhibit
​
​
​ ​
and* Jason Pramas*, Professor of Communications at Lesley University and
Boston Strong? Exhibit Artist.

*Feel It Speak It Slam Poetry Troupe will be performing.
<http://act.ips-dc.org/site/R?i=9zQ-V2HtQHPhtiQ1grFX0A>*