[act-ma] FRI, SAT: FIGHT OPPRESSION WITH THE IWW!

Geoff Carens geoff.carens at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:32:59 PST 2016

Join Boston's Industrial Workers of the World as we help provide court
support <https://www.facebook.com/events/966779130028154/> for Black Lives
Matter allies, facing jail time for taking action against the loss of black
lives to police violence. Court support will take place at 9 a.m. tomorrow
(Friday 1/29), at Quincy District Court, One Dennis Ryan Pkwy Quincy, MA
(Red Line to Quincy Center MBTA stop).

On Saturday 1/30, between 12 and 2 pm, IWW's will back our friends in MISU
<https://www.facebook.com/MISUfight/>* as they fight for their jobs at
Boston's Museum of Fine Arts. The MFA has been forcing out working parents
with many years of service, and taking a hard line in contract negotiations
with the union. Walk the picket line with us at the MFA, 465 Huntington
Avenue (Green Line E train to the MFA stop, or Orange Line train to
Ruggles).

A little later on Saturday, we'll stand up for low-wage Whole Foods
employees under attack. After workers at the JP store signed a petition
asking for a $1/hr raise in response to crushing workloads, management
swiftly fired Ryan, a cook and the first person to sign. Ryan is suing
Whole Foods
<http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/index.ssf/2016/01/boston_whole_foods_worker_sues.html>.
You're invited to come along to the protest for Ryan and co-workers, at 413
Centre St (Jackson Sq or Stonybrook T on the Orange Line), starting at 3
pm.

Boston IWW Blog <http://iwwboston.org/>
Boston IWW Facebook Group <https://www.facebook.com/groups/48522752263/>
Boston IWW Facebook Page <https://www.facebook.com/BostonIWW/?fref=nf>