[act-ma] 3/08 International Women's Day Vigil Berta Cáceres VIVE! (tonight)

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Tue Mar 8 07:44:31 PST 2016

*Centro Presente and the Honduran Project invites you to an*
*
International Women's Day Vigil
Berta Cáceres VIVE!

*WHEN:* Tuesday, March 8th, 6:00 p.m
*WHERE:* Massachusetts State House
24 Beacon  Street, Boston 02133

*We are coming together in solidarity with the thousands of Central
American women who are being deported.*

* We are also DEMANDING JUSTICE for Berta Cáceres, a victim of a
political assassination.* Berta was a leader in the Council of
Indigenous Peoples of Honduras (COPINH), an indigenous rights and
environmental organization which has been engaged in a battle against
hydroelectric dam projects in the lands of the Lenca people in Central
Honduras.

Women are on the frontline of the struggle for social justice and too
many are becoming victims!
*WE MUST SAY ENOUGH! ¡BASTA YA!*

*For more information contact:*
Patricia Montes, pmontes at cpresente.org