[act-ma] Vigil at Saint Pats Parade this Sunday

Cole Harrison cole at masspeaceaction.org
Fri Mar 18 05:44:21 PDT 2016

MAPA members and peace supporters,

The Veterans for Peace's Smedley Butler brigade have again been excluded
from this year's St Patrick's parade, after they thought they had a deal to
be included.  Read Adrian Walker's summary at
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/03/17/once-again-room-for-pacifists-patrick-day-parade/KXsLg7wiE9xs7hjiO4mgRK/story.html

The Smedleys will instead hold a vigil this Sunday, March 20, in front of
Tony Flaherty's house, as Pat Scanlon explains below.  South Boston's Tony
was the fiery heart of the Smedleys' challenge to the official militarist
parade for many years, and he passed away last year.  Please join the
vigil, and bring your peace signs and banners.

Cole