[act-ma] Monday, 4/4: Using LinkedIn to Build Your Professional Network (SoJust ProfDev), 5/2 Art of the Schmooze

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 21:01:52 PDT 2016

Monday, 4/4 6pm at  Using LinkedIn to Build Your Professional Network

Register online at www.SoJust.org by 5pm to receive a 50% discount off the
$30 door fee.

On Mar 30, 2016 1:57 PM, "Robbie Samuels" <send2robbie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Upcoming ProfDev:  Mon. 5/2 Art of the Schmooze
>
> This Monday, 4/4: Using LinkedIn to Build Your Professional Network
ProfDev 6:00-8:30pm at The NonProfit Center by South Station.

> Fee: $15 advance/$30 door is split with the trainer.
> Limited space - register ahead of time: www.sojust.org
> Credit cards accepted online and at the door.
> Newcomers always welcomed!
>
> So you have a LinkedIn account and you’ve set up your profile… Now what?
Ever wondered how LinkedIn could help you improve your career prospects,
and identify and connect with influential people?

> ProfDev: Using LinkedIn to Build Your Professional Network
> Many people sign up on LinkedIn on the advice of their friends or family
members, but never take full advantage of its tools and features. In this
interactive workshop, we will discuss four steps to creating a strategy to
actually USE LinkedIn, based on your personal career goals. You’ll learn
how to make connections on LinkedIn with people in your current networks,
research target connections, reach out to those connections effectively,
and keep your new connections active and current. At the end of this
ProfDev, you will leave with a personalized strategy for making LinkedIn
work for you and with a formula for writing cold messages that actually
work.

> Please note that this workshop doesn’t focus on creating your profile. If
time permits, we may spend the last few minutes discussing profile writing,
but the majority of this ProfDev will be about how LinkedIn can work for
you.

> ABOUT OUR PRESENTER
> Alyson Weiss is passionate about translating abstract concepts into
concrete ideas. She facilitates workshops and meets with clients privately
to help job seekers and career changers build their online presence and
connect strategically with target contacts to meet their career goals. She
is on the board of the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network Boston and
works at Tufts University by day.

> HELP SPREAD THE WORD!
> Invite your friends to this Facebook event.
> Join the SoJust Facebook group: http://on.fb.me/SoJust
> On Twitter? Follow @SoJust and SoJust's Founder @RobbieSamuels #SoJust
>
> Socializing for Justice - www.sojust.org
>
> SoJust hosts events that draw progressives of all stripes that share
common values but may work on different issues. We host socials that allow
for the possibility of cross-issue connections and run a monthly ProfDev
Series which provides access to affordable professional development to
increase our individual capacity for movement building.

> With over 2900 members and nearly 10 years of creating a diverse
cross-issue community in Boston (215+ events!), Socializing for Justice is
the best place to find the great people, organizations and community you're
looking for while putting the SOCIAL back in social justice.

> YES, WE MEAN YOU. We've got members of all ages, races, genders, sexual
orientations, levels of activism and professions. We hope you see someone
like yourself and meet someone you otherwise wouldn't have.