[act-ma] [WATCH VIDEO] Should we raise the charter school cap? Ballot Question 2 Panel

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 13:33:05 PDT 2016

Have questions about the MA ballot question #2? Should we raise the charter
school cap?

*New Leaders Council - Boston chapter* and *Ford Hall Forum* co-hosted an
excellent panel on this question and the video is now available:
http://bit.ly/Q2forum.

Highly recommend watching this to help you make an educated decision on
whether to vote "yes" or "no".

A "yes" vote supports this proposal to authorize up to 12 new charter
schools or enrollment expansions in existing charter schools by the state
Board of Elementary and Secondary Education per year.

A "no" vote opposes this proposal to authorize up to 12 new charter schools
or enrollment expansions in existing charter schools, thereby maintaining
the current charter school cap.

I'm happy to chat with anyone about my thoughts on this. Please share!

And...

*Applications are now open for the New Leaders Council Boston Fellowship!*
<https://newleaderscouncil.nationbuilder.com/2017_nlc_institute_application>

Are you a young progressive leader in Boston? The NLC fellowship should be
your next step! You can learn more about the fellowship here:
boston.newleaderscouncil.org, and apply by the November 14 deadline.

NLC Boston cultivates emerging progressive leaders by connecting them to
skills, opportunities, and each other. Each year 20 fellows are selected
for NLC Institute - a skills and leadership training enabling them to make
an impact in Boston and beyond. You can learn more about NLC Boston, and
the application process, in the attached 1-pager.

As an alum of the program and NLC Boston board member, I can confidently
say this fellowship can be pivotal in your career. You will gain critical
leadership skills and vastly increase and diversify your network. With 39
chapters across the country you will graduate into an extensive alumni
network.

Join the NLC Boston family by applying! Again, apps are open until November
14 here: boston.newleadersouncil.org.

Best,
Robbie

New Leaders Council - Boston 2011 Fellow
New Leaders Council - Boston Board Member

*____________________*
    *Robbie Samuels, Speaker, Connector, Podcast Host*
              LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/robbiesamuels> |
@RobbieSamuels <http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels> | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/robbiesamuelspage>
          RobbieSamuels.com <http://www.robbiesamuels.com/> *|*
ArtoftheSchmooze.com <http://www.artoftheschmooze.com/>

          *On the Schmooze* <http://www.ontheschmooze.com/> untold stories
of leadership
             and networking through a weekly podcast
            about career challenges, work/life balance,
                 and building a professional network
                  Please rate and review on iTunes
<http://www.itunes.ontheschmooze.com/>.

*      Download my 8 Steps for Successful Networking
<https://robbiesamuels.leadpages.co/leadbox/14000b173f72a2%3A16ed80fabb46dc/5649391675244544/>*

          Read my blog posts on relationship-building.
<http://www.robbiesamuels.com/>