[act-ma] Peace & Justice Calendar, Dec 29, 2016

Cole Harrison cole at masspeaceaction.org
Thu Dec 29 14:32:59 PST 2016

First Night Against All Wars at home and abroad 2016 2017
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/first-night-against-all-wars/>
December 31 @ 12:05 pm - 5:00 pm
Copley Square <http://masspeaceaction.org/venue/copley-square/>, Boston,
02115 + Google Map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Boston+02115>
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/first-night-against-all-wars/>

Attention Bostonians, and (all are welcome to join us) First Night Against
All Wars, Boston, MA. Copley Square. Dec. 31, 2016... please join us,
invite your friends, share everywhere. Thank you. https://www.facebook.com/
events/623461181171435/ For more updated info. call Daniel Kontoff,
857-272-6743. Live Peace Massachusetts and others. To be held in Copely
Square, Boston, MA. ****NOTE:We will be right in front of the Library
facing the park.**** 12 Noon to 5:30pm. Dec 31, 2016 Invite your friends,
make Boston history. We are…
Find out more »
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/first-night-against-all-wars/>
Moral Revival Poor People’s Campaign Watch Night Service
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/poor-peoples-campaign-watch-night-service/>
December 31 @ 10:00 pm - 11:55 pm
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/poor-peoples-campaign-watch-night-service/>

Standing down is not an option! Join us on New Year's Eve for a national
Moral Revival Poor People's Campaign Watch Night Service in the nation's
capital! The watch night service in 1862 was celebrated by enslaved and
free African Americans, abolitionsits, and others awaiting news that the
Emancipation Proclamation would become law to free Blacks living in the
South. The national Moral Revival Poor People's Campaign Watch Night
Service in 2016 will bring together diverse communities into a shared…
Find out more »
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/poor-peoples-campaign-watch-night-service/>

January 2017
The Next Four Years: Organizing Followup
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/the-next-four-years-organizing-followup/>
January 12, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
[image: people at Next Four Years conference]
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/the-next-four-years-organizing-followup/>

Save the date for an organizing meeting to follow up on the ideas raised at
The Next Four Years conference at Simmons College on December 3.    Read a
report on the conference, view pictures at http://bit.ly/2gFpHFV and h
ttp://bit.ly/2h4zbI5, and watch the video recording at http://bit.ly/2h4hWK.
   The venue will be announced shortly after January 1 and will be in
Cambridge.
Find out more »
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/the-next-four-years-organizing-followup/>
Solidarity Fundraiser for the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe – #NoDAPL
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/sing-along-fundraiser-nodapl/>
January 14, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Calvary United Methodist Church
<http://masspeaceaction.org/venue/calvary-united-methodist-church-2/>, 300
Mass. Ave.
Arlington, MA United States + Google Map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=300+Mass.+Ave.+Arlington+MA+United+States>
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/sing-along-fundraiser-nodapl/>

Arlington United for Justice with Peace is organizing a fundraiser event
for the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe on Saturday January 14, 2017 (Doors will
open at 7 PM) to aid in their struggle to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline.
  Join us for a Sing Along to Songs of Pete Seeger, Bob Dylan, recipient of
the 2016 Nobel Prize for Literature, and more! Performers: The Harmonators,
Arc&Land, Chris and Quinn Eastburn, Anne Sandstrum and John Loretz, Liz
Buchanan and Gordon…
Find out more »
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/sing-along-fundraiser-nodapl/>
Incident at Vichy: An Anti-Inaugural Event
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/incident-at-vichy/>
January 19, 2017 @ 8:00 pm
Inner City Sanctuary for the Arts
<http://masspeaceaction.org/venue/inner-city-sanctuary-for-the-arts/>, 1127
Harrison Ave
Roxbury, MA 02119 + Google Map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1127+Harrison+Ave+Roxbury+MA+02119>
[image: Incident at Vichy]
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/incident-at-vichy/>

The Praxis Stage Company’s Production of Arthur Miller's INCIDENT AT VICHY
7 performances in Dudley Square’s dynamic gallery/performance space The
Inner Sanctum Dates: January 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, and 26th All nights at
8pm, two shows Saturday the 21st (4 & 8), 2pm matinee Sunday, 22nd,
only.      Praxis Stage is a new theater company, formed on 11/9, 2016, as
a response to the disaster of Trump’s election. Our vision is to link
theater with activism, producing plays that enter contemporary political…
Find out more » <http://masspeaceaction.org/event/incident-at-vichy/>
Resist Trump: Occupy Inauguration Boston!
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/resist-trump-occupy-inauguration-boston/>
January 20, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Boston Common – Parkman Bandstand
<http://masspeaceaction.org/venue/boston-common-parkman-bandstand/>, Tremont
St
Boston, + Google Map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Tremont+St+Boston>
[image: Resist Trump: Occupy Inauguration Boston]
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/resist-trump-occupy-inauguration-boston/>

#ResistTrump !! #OccupyInauguration !! Trump’s victory in the presidential
election was a profound shock to tens of millions of progressive workers,
young people, immigrants, women, people of color, Muslims, and LGBTQ people
across the U.S. As Trump’s reactionary cabinet appointments have been
announced and the list of targets of his administration has become clearer,
there is enormous fear and anger in many communities. The reported plans to
deport up to three million people, establish a “registry” for Muslims,
criminalize dissent,…
Find out more »
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/resist-trump-occupy-inauguration-boston/>
Women’s March on Washington
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/womens-march-on-washington/>
January 21, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
National Mall <http://masspeaceaction.org/venue/national-mall/>, Independence
Ave & Third St SW
Washington, DC + Google Map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Independence+Ave+%26amp%3B+Third+St+SW+Washington+DC>
[image: Women's March on Washington]
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/womens-march-on-washington/>

WEBSITE: https://www.womensmarch.com/ FACEBOOK PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/Womens-March-on-Washington-1338822066131069/
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/womensmarch INSTAGRAM:
http://www.instagram.com/womensmarch RSVP on our OFFICIAL EVENTBRITE:
bit.ly/womensmarchrsvp (not required, but greatly helpful for planning!)
This is an INCLUSIVE march, is FREE to join and EVERYONE who supports
women's rights are welcome. PLEASE SHARE, we need to spread the word
everywhere! ------------------------- OFFICIAL STATEMENT, National
Organizers On January 21, 2017 we will unite in Washington, DC for the
Women’s March on Washington. We stand together in solidarity with our
partners and children for…
Find out more »
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/womens-march-on-washington/>
Boston Women’s March For America
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/boston-womens-march-for-america/>
January 21, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Boston Common <http://masspeaceaction.org/venue/boston-common-3/>,
[image: Boston Womens March]
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/boston-womens-march-for-america/>

On January 21, 2017, we will unite in Boston to march in solidarity with
communities most affected by the hate, intolerance and acts of violence
being perpetrated throughout the nation -- among many are communities of
women, immigrants, people of color, and people who identify as LGBTQIA and
people with disabilities. We stand for religious freedom, human rights,
climate justice, racial justice, economic justice and reproductive
justice.  Together, we will send a message to our leaders and the world
that…
Find out more »
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/boston-womens-march-for-america/>
Our Revolution MA Statewide Organizing Meeting
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/orma-organizing-meeting/>
January 28, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Unitarian Universalist Church of Worcester
<http://masspeaceaction.org/venue/unitarian-universalist-church-of-worcester/>
, 90 Holden St
Worcester, MA 01606 + Google Map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=90+Holden+St+Worcester+MA+01606>
[image: Our Revolution Massachusetts]
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/orma-organizing-meeting/>

  WHEN: Doors Open at noon for registration and networking Program begins
at 1:00 PM sharp! More details after Jan. 3, 2017 Maximum capacity 225
people Save the Date!!
Find out more » <http://masspeaceaction.org/event/orma-organizing-meeting/>
Nuclear Resistance in Word and Deed
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/nuclear-resistance/>
January 30, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
St Susanna Parish <http://masspeaceaction.org/venue/st-susanna-parish-3/>, 262
Needham St
Dedham, MA United States + Google Map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=262+Needham+St+Dedham+MA+United+States>
[image: Dan Zak, Elaine Scarry, and Megan Rice]
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/nuclear-resistance/>

A Conversation with The Prophet, The Professor, and The Journalist GUEST
SPEAKERS The Prophet: Sr. Megan Rice - 85 yr. old Roman Catholic nun, who
earned 2 yrs. in prison for breaching the security perimeter of Y-12, the
largest uranium storage facility in the country. "Being an anti-nuclear
activist satisfied my need to do what is just common sense," The Professor:
Elaine Scarry – Harvard Professor, author of Thermonuclear Monarchy:
Choosing between Democracy and Doom The Journalist: Dan Zak –…
Find out more » <http://masspeaceaction.org/event/nuclear-resistance/>
A reporter’s perspective: Islamic State, Assad, Russia, and the failure of
US Policy <http://masspeaceaction.org/event/a-reporters-perspective/>
January 31, 2017 @ 7:00 pm
First Church in Cambridge – Choir Room
<http://masspeaceaction.org/venue/first-church-in-cambridge-choir-room/>, 11
Garden St
Cambridge, MA 02138 + Google Map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=11+Garden+St+Cambridge+MA+02138>
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/a-reporters-perspective/>

Based on numerous reporting trips to the region, freelance foreign
correspondent Reese Erlich discusses the growth of Syrian extremist rebel
groups, the status of the Assad regime, foreign intervention and the
failure of US policy. He provides up to date analysis and what the new US
president will likely face after the November elections. Erlich is a
Peabody winning journalist and author of Inside Syria: The Backstory of
Their Civil War and What the World Can Expect (Foreword by Noam…
Find out more » <http://masspeaceaction.org/event/a-reporters-perspective/>
The Enemy is Us: The Perils of Nuclear Arms
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/the-enemy-is-us/>
January 31, 2017 @ 7:30 pm
St. Michael’s Parish Hall
<http://masspeaceaction.org/venue/st-michaels-parish-hall/>, 196 Main St
North Andover, MA 01845 + Google Map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=196+Main+St+North+Andover+MA+01845>
[image: Dan Zak, Elaine Scarry, and Megan Rice]
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/the-enemy-is-us/>

Sr. Megan Rice - 85 yr. old Roman Catholic nun, who earned 2 yrs. in prison
for breaching the security perimeter of Y-12, the largest uranium storage
facility in the country. "Being an anti-nuclear activist satisfied my need
to do what is just common sense," Dan Zak – Washington Post journalist and
author of Almighty: Courage, Resistance and Existential Peril in the
Nuclear Age Elaine Scarry – Harvard Professor, author of Thermonuclear
Monarchy: Choosing between Democracy and Doom Presented by…
Find out more » <http://masspeaceaction.org/event/the-enemy-is-us/>

February 2017
Celebration of the Life of John Maher
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/celebration-of-the-life-of-john-maher/>
February 4, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
First Parish Cambridge (Meeting House)
<http://masspeaceaction.org/venue/first-parish-cambridge-meeting-house/>, 1446
Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, 02138 + Google Map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1446+Massachusetts+Ave+Cambridge+02138>
[image: John Maher Presente]
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/celebration-of-the-life-of-john-maher/>

Our board member, leader, cheerleader, strategist, and inspirer, John
Maher, passed away November 2 after a tough battle with cancer. We relied
on his wisdom, counsel, and judgement. He will be sorely missed. John wrote
his political biography "Learning from the Sixties: Memoir of an
Organizer", http://www.learningfromthesixties.com/, published in 2011. We
recommend it to all! Ellen Sarkisian writes:   "We expect to share stories
of how much he meant to us, his wonderful quirks, as well as his steadfast
commitment…
Find out more »
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/celebration-of-the-life-of-john-maher/>
US Foreign Policy: Intervention or Restraint?
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/intervention-or-restraint/>
February 21, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Watertown Public Library
<http://masspeaceaction.org/venue/watertown-public-library/>, 23 Main St
Watertown, + Google Map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=23+Main+St+Watertown>
[image: The True Flag: Stephen Kinzer]
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/intervention-or-restraint/>

Boston Globe contributor Stephen Kinzer will speak about his new book, The
True Flag: Theodore Roosevelt, Mark Twain, and the Birth of American
Empire.     Sponsored by Watertown Citizens for Peace, Justice & the
Environment; Cosponsored by Massachusetts Peace Action.
Find out more »
<http://masspeaceaction.org/event/intervention-or-restraint/>