[act-ma] 4/18 Mentors Make a Difference: Building Your Personal Board of Directors

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 12:14:57 PDT 2017

I'm co-leading this professional development training hosted by New Leaders
Council Boston. I'm on their board and the Alumni Engagement Chair. I
invite you to join us!

*Mentors Make a Difference: Building Your Personal Board of Directors**Tuesday,
April 18 *
*6-8PM*50 Milk Street, Boston

We all recognize mentors can make a huge difference in our personal and
professional growth. How do we go about identifying people in our network
who could support our journey? Attend this session to learn what to look
for in a mentor and how to build rapport with the people you admire. Rather
than focus on finding a single mentor, we will discuss how to build your
“Personal Board of Directors,” a team of advocates who hold you accountable
and share their experience to help you achieve your goals. The success of
these relationships resides in the ability of you, the mentee, to “manage
up.” Learn how to maximize these opportunities by being prepared and
respectfully persistent. Join us for this insightful professional
development opportunity with tips on building the lifelong skills and
practice of good mentor/mentee relationships!

Objectives of this training include:

   -

   Completion of exercise to map your personal board of directors.
   -

   Increased confidence and knowledge of how to get on the radar of
   prospective mentors.
   -

   Specific techniques to “manage up” to busy, successful people and stay
   on their radar.

Fee: $10, includes light dinner.

REGISTER: http://nlcboston.nationbuilder.com/mentors_make_a_difference
<http://nlcboston.nationbuilder.com/mentors_make_a_difference?e=402f0d6611be5d3cfc627454328f0198&utm_source=nlcboston&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=march_2017&n=3>

Questions?  bostonmentorship at newleaderscouncil.org

*____________________*
        *Robbie Samuels, Speaker, Coach, Podcast Host*
                LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/robbiesamuels> |
@RobbieSamuels <http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels> | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/robbiesamuelspage>
           RobbieSamuels.com <http://www.robbiesamuels.com/> *|* ArtoftheS
chmooze.com <http://www.artoftheschmooze.com/>

                      *On the Schmooze*
<http://www.ontheschmooze.com/> podcast:
untold
                     stories of leadership and networking

                    Ready to make a change? Download
*                "Ten Tips for Convention Connections"
<http://www.robbiesamuels.com/ten-tips>*
                       Stop wasting time networking and
                     start building strategic relationships