[act-ma] SoJust eblast

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 15:03:32 PDT 2017

This session is in danger of being canceled due to low registration. It's a
very timely topic and I know many of you are looking for ways to have a
greater impact right now.

*We need you to commit by Friday to attending this session so we can
confidently continue as planned. Commit by registering at www.SoJust.org
<http://www.SoJust.org>.*

There are many, many reasons to be resisting right now. This training will
help you become more strategic and effective. Register at
www.SoJust.org. (Where
you can also sign up for Art of the Schmooze on May 2.)

Join Socializing for Justice on Tuesday, April 4, 6:00 - 8:30 PM at The
NonProfit Center by South Station.

ClicktoTweet: Apr 4 Advocacy in the Time of Trump: Moving Beyond Tactics
attend @SoJust #ProfDev to be more strategic $15 http://bit.ly/2np9o14
#RESIST <https://clicktotweet.com/link/view/n1C0o>

Fee: $15 advance/$30 door - split with trainer
Limited space - register ahead of time* www.SoJust.org
<http://www.SoJust.org>*
Credit cards accepted online and at the door.
*Newcomers always welcomed!*

Advocacy in the Time of Trump: Moving Beyond Tactics
Political activism is trending in the U.S. and there’s no shortage of tips
and tactics out there. The problem with diving straight into tactics -
without understanding the rules of the political engagement - is that new
activists can sabotage their own efforts. It’s like building a house
starting with the roof or the sidewalls instead of the foundation.

The solution is training activists to understand the unstated foundational
rules. By learning The Advocacy Framework, activists will be able to
identify goals, pick a winning strategy, and employ the appropriate
techniques naturally. Activists can then dramatically improve their
effectiveness.

Participants learn:
• Why credibility is critical
• How to build political relationships & political capital
• The keys to a successful ask

ABOUT OUR PRESENTER
Stefanie Coxe has over 15 years experience in politics and in the
non-profit world. During that time she met a lot of people who couldn’t
afford a lobbyist but still had a need and passion for advocacy. She formed
her training and e-learning company, Nexus Werx LLC to teach non-profit
leaders and small businesses how to lobby; individuals how to be effective
activists; and first time candidates how to run for office. Stefanie is a
14th generation Cape Codder currently residing in Cambridge, MA. Learn more
about her and her work at www.nexuswerx.com.

HELP SPREAD THE WORD!

Invite friends to the Facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/sojust/events/>.
Join the SoJust Facebook group <http://on.fb.me/SoJust>.

On Twitter? Follow @SoJust <http://www.twitter.com/sojust> and SoJust's
Co-Founder @RobbieSamuels <http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels>. Don’t
forget to tweet about this event using #SoJust and #profdev!

Socializing for Justice - www.sojust.org

SoJust hosts events that draw progressives of all stripes that share common
values but may work on different issues. We host monthly socials that allow
for the possibility of cross-issue connections and run a monthly ProfDev
Series, hosted by The NonProfit Center*, which provides access to
affordable professional development to increase our individual capacity for
movement building.

With over 3000 members and 10+ years of creating a diverse cross-issue
community in Boston (225+ events!), Socializing for Justice is the best
place to find the great people, organizations and community you're looking
for while putting the SOCIAL back in social justice.

YES, WE MEAN YOU. We've got members of all ages, races, genders, sexual
orientations, levels of activism and professions. We hope you see someone
like yourself and meet someone you otherwise wouldn't have.