[act-ma] Exploring Class and Classism workshop - April 19th

Anne Phillips anne at classism.org
Wed Apr 12 11:00:34 PDT 2017

Why is class often so difficult to talk about?
How do the effects of class differences impact our work, our work
relationships and our workplaces?
Why is it important to collaborate across class divisions to create more
unity, especially in these times?
What is your class story?

Discuss these questions and more at one of our upcoming open workshops on
Thursday, February 16th and on Tuesday, March 14th. These workshops provide
a forum to learn about the effects of class differences and to look at how
we all have been affected by class divisions.

---------------------------------------
If you have been thinking about bringing Class Action to your workplace,
group or religious community, this is an opportunity not to miss. You can
come and try a workshop to see how it could be useful for your situation.
---------------------------------------

Class Action has spent 13 years developing creative ways of asking
questions, sharing personal experiences and helping people to engage with
issues of class in a meaningful way. Our popular education workshops are
highly interactive, engaging and focused on learning from one another in
the room.

In this workshop, participants will explore:
*** How class identities affect our lives, our work and our relationships
***How race intersects with class
***How we can become more inclusive with others from different class
backgrounds than ourselves and why that’s important
***How we can build community with people from all class backgrounds

Pre-registration is required:
http://www.classism.org/events/exploring-class-and-classism-2/

Sliding scale $40-$5
Scholarships available for individuals unable to pay.