[act-ma] Chelsey Manning Getting Out Party

Susan McLucas susanbmcl at gmail.com
Wed May 10 08:50:48 PDT 2017

*Pot-luck celebration and fund-raiser for Chelsea Manning on the day of her
release from prison*
Wednesday, May 17, 7:00pm, 14 William St, Somerville (close to Davis Sq
subway - up College Ave 4 blocks)
Contact Susan McLucas, SusanBMcL at gmail.com or (617) 776-6524

Chelsea Manning, the WikiLeaks whistle blower who has spent 7 years in jail
for telling the truth about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, is getting
out on May 17.  We will celebrate the happy occasion and also pass the hat
to raise money to help her start her new life on the outside.

Chelsea Manning was sentenced to 35 years for releasing classified
documents that truly portrayed the nature of US wars and other foreign
policy.  Obama commuted her sentence before leaving office to 7 years.
Even that shorter sentence is the longest a whistle blower has ever served.

If it's easy, bring a dish to share.  You can check in with Susan, if you
know what you'll bring, but you don't have to.  If it's not convenient to
bring something, come in any case.  There aren't too many causes for
celebration in the political sphere these days and we should take advantage
of any such occasion.