[act-ma] 9/22 On-the-ground drama from Syria

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Tue Sep 19 06:24:05 PDT 2017

Posted by Salma <salmamilia at gmail.com>  I re-posted it because of a
problem that all the important information was in an attachment that
will not come through on act-ma.  A reminder to users to include all
important information in text format in the main email.    Charlie Welch
for Act-MA

a monodrama written and read by Mahmoud Nowara
and translated by Julia Gettle

Friday, September 22 @ 7:30 pm
Midway Studios, 15 Channel Center Street, Fort Point

Mahmoud Nowara, a Palestinian journalist and creative writer born and
raised in Damascus, spent 12 years writing for news outlets across
the Arab world, while also publishing creative pieces in numerous local
journals. After the eruption of the Syrian conflict, Nowara fled to Beirut,
where he composed the original Arabic version of this monodrama.

free admission and light refreshments
October 6-14
Cambridge YMCA Theater
820 Mass. Ave.
Cambridge, MA

A young student, fresh from an heroic act, encounters an old man in a
wheelchair who offers to be his benefactor. The student is introduced to
a beautiful young lady and gains entree into her rarefied world.
Appearances are deceiving, however. Behind the facade of the elegant
house lurk shocking secrets.

The Ghost Sonata, Strindberg's modernist classic, is presented in a bold
new production for the digital age.

With Paxton Crystal, Billy Jenkins, Dylan Goodman, Kevin C. Groppe,
Krystal Hernandez, Joseph Juknievich, Sally Nutt, Chuck Schwager, &
Madeline Sosnowski

Click here to order tickets & learn more.

This year, Fort Point Theatre Channel celebrates a decade of
presenting new configurations of the performing arts.
Please help FPTC contribute to Fort Point, Boston,
and beyond for the next 10 years.

Just click on the begging actor to contribute
online or send a check to:
Fort Point Theatre Channel,
15 Channel Center Street, #318,
Boston, MA 02210
Donations are tax-deductible.

Fort Point Theatre Channel is dedicated to creating and sustaining new
configurations of the performing arts. We bring together an ensemble of
artists from the worlds of theater, music, visual arts, and everything
in between as a forum for collaborative expression while enriching our
communities.

As Fort Point Theatre Channel celebrates its tenth anniversary year, we
thank our business sponsors for their support: Boston
Properties/Atlantic Wharf; Tavern Road; Barlow's Restaurant; Berkeley
Investments, Inc.; Gilbane Building Company; Lucky's Lounge; Spalding,
Tougias, and Associates; Eastern Bank; Stantec Architecture Boston; and
Fort Point Framers.

FPTC is supported in part by a grant from the Boston Cultural Council, a
local agency that is funded by the Massachusetts Cultural Council,
administered by the Mayor's Office of Arts and Culture.

---